What's your AAoA?

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 11 of 43
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Stuck with low limit cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Had the Amex 14 Months, high report about $6000, average in the $2500 range current report balance $0

Suggestion IMO if you have a Costco in your area is to join Costco and apply for AMEX costco card all in the same day. It is a credit card and not a charge card and usually if in good standing with AMEX will give you decent credit limit and approval. 

Obviously YMMV but it has worked for myself and others. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

dalebb

Thank you for response, sorry I am new here so here's the info

EQ FICO 636

Revolving will be one account 300 balance once current info reports, last 30 day late about to hit 3.5 years

Installment going to change in big way, new car loan for wifes dream car 40000, last 30 day late about to hit 2 year

Inquires high at 16, didn't know they were hurting me, last one over a year ago besides auto loan

Open AccountsTotal#BalanceAvailable Available credit does not include accounts without a credit limit, such as mortgage or installment accountsCredit Limit Credit Limit includes the high balance for accounts without a credit limit, such as mortgage or installment accountDebt to CreditMonthly Payment Amount Monthly Payment Amount includes the amount owed per month on all accounts due on a monthly basisAccounts with a Balance
Mortgage0$0N/AN/AN/A$00
Installment2$18,682$23,577$42,25944%  $8982
Revolving7$851$6,419$7,27012%  $795
Other1$0N/AN/AN/A$00
Total10$19,533$29,996$49,52939%  $977

Message 13 of 43
quest208
Frequent Contributor

2 months ago i had the following:  orchard mastercard $700, best buy $100, office depot $500.  average age was about 1.5 years.  my fico scores were about 720 on all three, no negatives, no balances.  not too much inquiries no recent inquiries.

i had a checking account with usaa so i decided to apply for a credit card.  they granted my application instantly and gave me $11,000. i was floored, and im still floored.

the point is, you might want to take a break from the "big" banks (chase, citi, etc) and look into credit unions and USAA (usaa is not a credit union)

im rootin for you, i know it can be done, but if your report is clean i dont see why you cant get a card with usaa.  the apr is high, but you seem to pay in full anyway so it shouldnt matter.  once u have a high limit card, it should be easier to get more (at least thats what im told)

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 14 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

dalebb

Thank you for response, sorry I am new here so here's the info

EQ FICO 636

Revolving will be one account 300 balance once current info reports, last 30 day late about to hit 3.5 years

Installment going to change in big way, new car loan for wifes dream car 40000, last 30 day late about to hit 2 year

Inquires high at 16, didn't know they were hurting me, last one over a year ago besides auto loan

Open AccountsTotal#BalanceAvailable Available credit does not include accounts without a credit limit, such as mortgage or installment accountsCredit Limit Credit Limit includes the high balance for accounts without a credit limit, such as mortgage or installment accountDebt to CreditMonthly Payment Amount Monthly Payment Amount includes the amount owed per month on all accounts due on a monthly basisAccounts with a Balance
Mortgage0$0N/AN/AN/A$00
Installment2$18,682$23,577$42,25944%  $8982
Revolving7$851$6,419$7,27012%  $795
Other1$0N/AN/AN/A$00
Total10$19,533$29,996$49,52939%  $977

if i was u i would go to amex and see what cards fit the why u spend and what u want back from them, then call and see if u have any preapproved offers, then check out local CU and other CU's, i have gotten the best rates from penfed CU

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average account age is 5 year 9 month

Longest 15 year 3 Month

Most recent account 11/2011

Message 16 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Average account age is 5 year 9 month

Longest 15 year 3 Month

Most recent account 11/2011

ur score is a bit low on EQ, do u know ur TU score and EX?

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

For high income folks, I have read somewhere about applying for Chase CC card with special request from personal banker at local branch. You need to deposit at least 10k to get it. While it's no gaurantee approval, you might have better chance through this method if your baddies are only late payments. You might need to go with sapphire card to be sure minimum CL of $5000.
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JM-AM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Had the Amex 14 Months, high report about $6000, average in the $2500 range current report balance $0

Suggestion IMO if you have a Costco in your area is to join Costco and apply for AMEX costco card all in the same day. It is a credit card and not a charge card and usually if in good standing with AMEX will give you decent credit limit and approval. 

+1  Good idea! 

Message 19 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JM-AM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1  Good idea! 

i think tony might b applying

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.