Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck with low limit cards

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Stuck with low limit cards

I had all low limit cars under 1k, I apped for Barclays they gave me 5k, so 3 weeks ago apped for NFCU and they gave me 10k that's all I asked for, so apped for PSECU they matched it with 10k, now closing my toy cards and I think all it takes ite one good card to step up.....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 31 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I had all low limit cars under 1k, I apped for Barclays they gave me 5k, so 3 weeks ago apped for NFCU and they gave me 10k that's all I asked for, so apped for PSECU they matched it with 10k, now closing my toy cards and I think all it takes ite one good card to step up.....

good 4 u,,, wtg

Message 32 of 43
Smug
Established Contributor

Toy cards were heck......
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 33 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:
Toy cards were heck......

they dont grow,,, time to leave them behind

Message 34 of 43
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

To the original poster.......

If I was in your situation, I would pay off all my CCs, maybe have a Util % around 10% month to month and use your PR Gold more and PIF w/your $120K income. In 6 months, app for a Amex revolver card and you should see an approval of $2K plus to start out. You can than request a 3x CLI from Amex after 61 days. After 6 months, app for a Chase, Discover, Citi or Bofa and you will get a matching CL to your Amex.

Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update for everyone. Thanks for all the input from everyone. After reading quite a few posts on here I applied for the Barclay MC and got an instant denial, called them up and got approved for $2500, also applied for the Kay store credit card and got approved for $5100. Finally got some better credit limits now is the time to sit back and let them age. Hopefully I'll get some automatic increases from my current cards now I have some higher limits.

Thanks again everyone on here, wouldn't have happened without your stories and advice.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update for everyone. Thanks for all the input from everyone. After reading quite a few posts on here I applied for the Barclay MC and got an instant denial, called them up and got approved for $2500, also applied for the Kay store credit card and got approved for $5100. Finally got some better credit limits now is the time to sit back and let them age. Hopefully I'll get some automatic increases from my current cards now I have some higher limits.

Thanks again everyone on here, wouldn't have happened without your stories and advice.

Congrats! I would hold off applying for an Amex Blue Cash or Delta until your EX score is 685 or higher. By the way I wonder why your scores are in the low 600's with only one baddie or do you have other negative stuff not mentioned? Another thing how is your wife's credit?

Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I would hold off applying for an Amex Blue Cash or Delta until your EX score is 685 or higher. By the way I wonder why your scores are in the low 600's with only one baddie or do you have other negative stuff not mentioned? Another thing how is your wife's credit?

I have a couple of badies, couple 30 day lates on an old auto loan, 180 late on really old student loan which has been paid on time last 5 years, and had a charge off for an old chase cc (thats the one they questioned). Wife's credit really not so hot, lot of med collections, a repo sitting mid 500s.

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a couple of badies, couple 30 day lates on an old auto loan, 180 late on really old student loan which has been paid on time last 5 years, and had a charge off for an old chase cc (thats the one they questioned). Wife's credit really not so hot, lot of med collections, a repo sitting mid 500s.

Thanks for sharing...now that gives a better picture of your current scores. It's good that you are trying to rebuild your credit. Have you checked out the other credit board site for advice and tips on repairing your credit?

Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a couple of baddies, couple 30 day lates on an old auto loan, 180 late on really old student loan which has been paid on time last 5 years, and had a charge off for an old chase cc (that's the one they questioned). Wife's credit really not so hot, lot of med collections, a repo sitting mid 500s.

Thanks for sharing...now that gives a better picture of your current scores. It's good that you are trying to rebuild your credit. Have you checked out the other credit board site for advice and tips on repairing your credit?

Yes sir been reading around trying to see what I can do with some of those bad marks. Tried letter to the execs at chase, got reply but no good news. Student loans are under Sallie Mae and from what I read here there is no way to get lates removed from them. All my current revolving debt is great tho. and last 30 day late about to pass 2 years so I'm sure I'll get a bump from that.

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.