Established Member
TryAgain88

Student Card For Bad Credit?...

I have bad credit (563 EQ) and I'm a student. I have been trying to find a student CC, but have had no luck thus far :smileysad: I have tried Discover and Citi. Any advice on a CC that would accept me?
12/10/10 Score 418
C/C's:
Orchard Bank / Unsecured / $300 Limit
Credit One / Unsecured / $250 Limit
Trying to pull the score back up after some collections and student loan LP's.
Regular Contributor
mgs2010

Re: Student Card For Bad Credit?...

what exactly is making your score so low? collections? credit card charge-offs? student loan defaults? we would need some more information to guide you in the right direction....but, with that score I would say your best bet would be orchard bank or household bank, they are one-in-the-same basically...you could also try HSBC. Those three sites let you fill out some basic info to prequalify for a credit card. It will give you and offer but it may be a secured card, and most have an annual fee. Some other ones i can think of that you may actually want to avoid would be Credit One Bank, First Premier, Rewards 660 (not sure if rewards 660 exists anymore or not..)

Established Member
TryAgain88

I just got a Credit One bank card in the mail yesterday because I was denied by...well, basically everyone else.
12/10/10 Score 418
C/C's:
Orchard Bank / Unsecured / $300 Limit
Credit One / Unsecured / $250 Limit
Trying to pull the score back up after some collections and student loan LP's.
Valued Member
Cryostasis

My wife lucked out and got approved for $5000 CL on a Chase +1 student card. No annual fee, 0% for 6 months, even has a (crappy) rewards program too. Not bad for a 20-year-old's first credit card. For under 600 FICO though, it may be easier to just get a secured card to start out with. Best of luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+