New Contributor
b1gr3dmachin3

Re: Student Cards question

sergi0wned wrote:

FWIW, when I applied for the Discover IT student I had to verify my enrollment. They gave a list of options, including photo ID, a screenshot of your schedule, a transcript, a note from the registrar, or a variety of other options. If they say that they require a 4 year degree program and you're going for you AD, I wouldn't risk it. The good news is that with the history you have, you should qualify for the regular version!

When I applied for the Citi Forward student, on the other hand, I didn't have to provide any proof. I just selected the box and got instantly approved. I would double check the terms before you and your wife apply, but assuming your programs count, you should be golden with that! 

My wife didn't feel comfortable "lying" on a credit card application. Even though it's not a complete lie, it wouldn't be the truth either. We will just apply for the normal version and see what happens!

BoA 123 $2.5k (11/12) // Discover It $2.5k (7/13) // Citi Forward Student $2.5k (7/13) // Chase Freedom 2.5k (12/13) // Amex PRG NPSL (12/13)

Starting Score: No Credit History (11/12)
Current Score: Discover Fico 768 (7/13) Discover Fico 701(11/13) Chase Fico 737 (12/13)
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+