Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student requiring some information and advice for Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student requiring some information and advice for Amex

zander86 wrote:
I ask that because since I they would pull a hard inquiry on me when I go down to a branch and apply for the mtvU card, would it make sense that I submit an app for another prime card together such that they would only pull one hard inquiry and do a consideration for the two paper applications that I made. I can save on an inquiry in this way. Any thoughts on this? Or it doesn't work this way.

It depends.  Some issuers will use one inquiry for two applications on the same day, and some will pull a new inquiry for each app.  I'm not sure what Citi's policy is, although I tend to think they would pull a new inquiry for each app.

Message 21 of 23
Greg34
New Contributor

Zander,

Just a little update for you. My girlfriend applied for the Blue for students on Thursday and was approved 2 days later (Saturday) after they verified her address. She, like me, had zero credit to her name.

So maybe this blue for Students isn't as hard to get as people might think?
Message 22 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's almost beginning to look like your chances for getting Blue for Students are better if you have zero credit, than if you have some credit.

Same thing happened with my youngest the summer before she started college. She got a student Discover with no history at all.

Good to know, thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.