cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Banana Republic

Frequent Contributor

Stupid Banana Republic

Declined =(
 
I figured it would because Gap is such a stickler about having good scores but I thought with Christmas around the corner they would be a little generous. Stupid inquiry.
 
On a happier note, I was approved for an Express (clothes store) card. Don't know the limit yet, probably crappy. Win some, lose some I guess.
 
Smiley Indifferent
 
EQ- 637 EX- 633 TU- 600
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
10 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

Dont worry about it your probably better of without it, I got the Gap card not too long ago horrible CL 200 Wth can I buy with 200? ohh well
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic



MeganML84 wrote:
Declined =(
 
I figured it would because Gap is such a stickler about having good scores but I thought with Christmas around the corner they would be a little generous. Stupid inquiry.
 
On a happier note, I was approved for an Express (clothes store) card. Don't know the limit yet, probably crappy. Win some, lose some I guess.
 
Smiley Indifferent
 
EQ- 637 EX- 633 TU- 600



What an absolute waste...
 
I agree with you.  I hate them.
 
Well... I mean, I love their dress pants.  My favorite pair comes from them... I need to go shopping.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Regular Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

I was tempted to apply for BR when I shopped there a lot before. I probably won't apply for any store cards except for the Victoria Secret card that I already have. hahha.

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Regular Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

I was denied by them a couple of years ago.  The sales lady was really nice and let me in on what she called an "industry secret"  Apparently, a lot of people try and open up credit cards around the holidays so the issuers can afford to be a little bit pickier.  She went on to say that a better time to apply was in the middle of the year (June, July) because there aren't as many requests for new cards so they take what they get.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

That is mostly true.  Standards tighten around the holidays, not to be picky but to reduce risk of maxed out cards that will never be paid.  Most people who have established credit don't generally apply around the holidays, its just that most debt comes around Xmas and most credit counseling services as a result of that debt comes within the 6 mos following. People don't generally think when buying gifts.  I actually applied for Cap1 last year before holiday time, thought it was very funny that it took them over a month to get the card out the door.  just in time to miss Xmas...lol!


Message Edited by Brammy on 11-09-2007 05:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic



nfg wrote:
I was denied by them a couple of years ago.  The sales lady was really nice and let me in on what she called an "industry secret"  Apparently, a lot of people try and open up credit cards around the holidays so the issuers can afford to be a little bit pickier.  She went on to say that a better time to apply was in the middle of the year (June, July) because there aren't as many requests for new cards so they take what they get.


That makes alot of sense. I wish I would have thought about that before applying. Well, maybe after the holidays and my new TL have aged a bit I will app again.
 
I'm still mad at them! They wont be getting any of my Christmas money this year! Bah humbug! Smiley Mad
 
Smiley Very Happy
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

I'm  glad I got all my apping done at the end of Oct!  All favorable results.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Valued Contributor

Re: Stupid Banana Republic



Brammy wrote:
That is mostly true.  Standards tighten around the holidays, not to be picky but to reduce risk of maxed out cards that will never be paid.  Most people who have established credit don't generally apply around the holidays, its just that most debt comes around Xmas and most credit counseling services as a result of that debt comes within the 6 mos following. People don't generally think when buying gifts.  I actually applied for Cap1 last year before holiday time, thought it was very funny that it took them over a month to get the card out the door.  just in time to miss Xmas...lol!


Message Edited by Brammy on 11-09-2007 05:09 PM

Hmm. Didn't know this tidbit of info either. I learn a new item (well two today) every day I visit this board.
Moderator Emerita

Re: Stupid Banana Republic

I've read a lot of scary things about GEMB (the bank behind Banana Republic, Gap and friends.) When you get it, handle with care!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007