cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid question about AMEX & Walmart Credit Card.....

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Stupid question about AMEX & Walmart Credit Card.....

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

No!! my mom was able to pay all her SAMS CLUB DISCOVER WITH HER SEARS MASTERCARD. GE ACCEPTS CREDIT CARDS AS A FORM OF PAYMENT AS LONG AS ITS A VISA OR MASTERCARD. 

This is false, I'm afraid. I have literally tried to pay with a mastercard. WalMart does not allow you to pay credit with credit.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You CAN NOT pay credit cards with another credit card OUTSIDE of using your Check Card at some locations with debit pin for Macy's and places like that.... GE does not take credit card payments.  The exception is paying a car loan sometimes but you pay a premium for using the (THIRD PARTY) Company to do it

Message 12 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

I wonder what would happen if i pay with my paypal debit card since it draws from my smart connect but the initial authorization would be debit? possible loop hole? Maybe ill try this next time.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 13 of 15
Scope27
Regular Contributor

As an ex-customer service rep for walmart, the registers will automatically decline credit card transactions as a payment method for any money transfer transactions such as Moneygram, money orders, and credit card payments. The sig pad will have you sign but then the casier press the credit payment key and itll decline. ive had ppl show me where it even put holds on their credit cards but it gets credited back after 2-3 business days.
Message 14 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

EXCUSE ME?? hahha JK well Im telling our experience when we wanted to get TWO GE cards into the sears mastercard so it would become 2 accts in 1 or just make one payment instead of two. We called Sams Clus Discover and we asked them if they accept credit card as a form of payment, they said YES as long as its a VISA OR MASTERCARD. Maybe Wal Mart has different rules. FYI we also did a payment with old nacy using a mastercard. AGAIN Wally might be different.  Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.