Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid question...maybe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupid question...maybe

Hello everyone,
I just want to clarify something that maybe be a dumb question: I just received the CSP, in trying to reach the sign up bonus which is 3,000 dollars for 40k Ur points, do all my purchases pre 3,000 only give me a total of 40k points? For example let's say I buy 3000 dollar watch & meet the minimum spend- will I have 40k points or 43000 points? I'm asking because if it doesn't matter if I get additional points on dining and travel until the minimum spend is met. Thanks is for clarification.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stupid question...maybe

No such thing as a stupid question here. My understanding is that you will have 43k points. 

Message 2 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

You get the bonus aside from the points acquired while achieving the $3k spending requirement. In other words, you will get 43k points
Message 3 of 9
Delna
Established Member

Don't forget the extra 5k for adding an AU and having them make a purchase on their card.

Message 4 of 9
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Don't forget about the 2x points for Dining/Travel.  You will earn at least 43k points for a 3k spend.

Message 5 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Remember the only stupid question is the one never asked. If you don't know you have to ask.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Delna wrote:

Don't forget the extra 5k for adding an AU and having them make a purchase on their card.

must garden, must garden, must garden....

That's awfully inviting tho.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody, I have three different bonuses to hit at the moment and stretgizing on the best way to meet them.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Delna wrote:

AU does not have to make a purchase on their card. Chase cards are all same acct number/cvv for Individual and AU.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.