Did you mean: 

Subaru Chase MC After BK!

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Subaru Chase MC After BK!

@jumpinjax wrote:

@Karunch wrote:

Holy cow! I had been looking at Subaru's website and I saw that there was a Subaru MasterCard offered by Chase, it offers 3% back in Subaru Rewards Dollars up to $500 per year which can be used for a new car, parts, or service at the dealer.  There also is no AF.  It also offers 0% on BT's & Purchases for the first 6 months.  So on a whim I figured that I would apply for it.  I honestly did not think that there was a snowball's chance in h*ll that I'd be approved, since I had a CH7 BK that was discharged in 08/2008 and 2 Chase CC's were IIB.  But I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try.

After I applied I got a 7-10 message, and I ended up getting a letter saying that because my TU was frozen that they could not review my application.  I went and unfroze my TU report and I called back tonight to let them know.  The CSR put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back saying that my application was approved for $3,000!!!  Surprisingly he never asked me any questions, didn't ask about my BK, etc.  I did log into my Chase online account and the new card is showing up already, and it shows the $3k for the CL and my APR is 16.24%.  This is one of my lower CL's but I'm just glad to have my foot in the door with Chase.

I'm just absolutely shocked that I got approved since I thought that Chase blacklisted and weren't BK friendly.  I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I do have my auto loan for my Subaru through JP Morgan Chase that has been open since 02/2011.  Since my BK discharge my credit has vastly improved (my score is higher now then it ever was before BK), I have not had any late payments, and my income has doubled.  Right now my current UTL is 11%. 

Hello OP,

What did you do to these three questions on App? -

Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcy.

Yes, my credit history is clear of seriously delinquent accounts.

Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.

Just curious..

I can chime in here...

When I applied with Chase with a BK, I just left the first box unchecked and checked the other 2.  When you leave one of those boxes unchecked, it's typically an auto-decline or they will request further information from the applicant.  When I got the letter, I called a recon analyst, she recommended me for approval and I got the card a couple days later.     

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 13
Karunch
Contributor

@jumpinjax wrote:
Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcy.
Yes, my credit history is clear of seriously delinquent accounts.
Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.
Just curious..

I didn't check the BK and delinquent boxes.  I did check the last box, since I hadn't been denied credit by Chase in the last 6 months.  While I'm sure that probably would have caused a denial straight off the bat, the reason that I was denied was because the system couldn't pull my CR since it was frozen.  I would have had to recon regardless, and thankfully the analyst at the backdoor number approved me.

Message 12 of 13
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I've been debating this since I bought my Impreza. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.