Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

Re: Subaru Chase MC After BK!

jumpinjax wrote:

Karunch wrote:

Holy cow! I had been looking at Subaru's website and I saw that there was a Subaru MasterCard offered by Chase, it offers 3% back in Subaru Rewards Dollars up to $500 per year which can be used for a new car, parts, or service at the dealer.  There also is no AF.  It also offers 0% on BT's & Purchases for the first 6 months.  So on a whim I figured that I would apply for it.  I honestly did not think that there was a snowball's chance in h*ll that I'd be approved, since I had a CH7 BK that was discharged in 08/2008 and 2 Chase CC's were IIB.  But I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try.

After I applied I got a 7-10 message, and I ended up getting a letter saying that because my TU was frozen that they could not review my application.  I went and unfroze my TU report and I called back tonight to let them know.  The CSR put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back saying that my application was approved for $3,000!!!  Surprisingly he never asked me any questions, didn't ask about my BK, etc.  I did log into my Chase online account and the new card is showing up already, and it shows the $3k for the CL and my APR is 16.24%.  This is one of my lower CL's but I'm just glad to have my foot in the door with Chase.

I'm just absolutely shocked that I got approved since I thought that Chase blacklisted and weren't BK friendly.  I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I do have my auto loan for my Subaru through JP Morgan Chase that has been open since 02/2011.  Since my BK discharge my credit has vastly improved (my score is higher now then it ever was before BK), I have not had any late payments, and my income has doubled.  Right now my current UTL is 11%. 

Hello OP,

What did you do to these three questions on App? -

Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcy.

Yes, my credit history is clear of seriously delinquent accounts.

Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.

Just curious..

I can chime in here...

When I applied with Chase with a BK, I just left the first box unchecked and checked the other 2.  When you leave one of those boxes unchecked, it's typically an auto-decline or they will request further information from the applicant.  When I got the letter, I called a recon analyst, she recommended me for approval and I got the card a couple days later.     

Contributor
Karunch

jumpinjax wrote:
Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcy.
Yes, my credit history is clear of seriously delinquent accounts.
Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.
Just curious..

I didn't check the BK and delinquent boxes.  I did check the last box, since I hadn't been denied credit by Chase in the last 6 months.  While I'm sure that probably would have caused a denial straight off the bat, the reason that I was denied was because the system couldn't pull my CR since it was frozen.  I would have had to recon regardless, and thankfully the analyst at the backdoor number approved me.

Starting Score: 686 EQ (8/9/12), 668 TU (WalMart 8/8/12), 685 EX (3/25/14)
Most Recent Score: 684 EQ (3/26/14), 688 TU (3/25/14), 685 EX (3/25/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
sccredit

I've been debating this since I bought my Impreza. 

Unsecured Credit: Amex BCP $24,900; Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,200; Discover It $12,500; Chase Ink Cash $15,000; Chase Slate $13,500; Citi TYP $12,900; Amex SPG Biz $3,000; US Bank Platinum $8,600; DCU Visa $10,000; Logix FCU $15,000; Citi Home Depot $8,800; Lowes $5,000; Care Credit $6,000; Penfed Platinum Sig $16,000; Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC $5,000; Bank of America World Points Visa $8,000; US Bank PLOC Overdraft $1,500; PenFed PLOC $5,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+