Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submited my Citi/Best Buy CLI request

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Submited my Citi/Best Buy CLI request

Good luck! You have been getting approved for great cards lately ths CLi would make even better!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 18
GFer
Valued Contributor

When I first heard of the conversion I groaned out loud and thought..."Well, there goes that line!"

I read that post and thought....yeah right! Well, Citi has hated me for years. All of a sudden I'm feeling loved!

I opened a cap1 BB just under a year ago. I set up my account directly after the conversion. Yesterday I hit the CLI button and got the 5-7 day letter message. I signed back on today and had a message to call them. I did and got approved for the CLI....original $3k...now 8k!

Talk about a happy dance! lol My family truely thinks I'm a dork! (I can live with that)

Loving this conversion...!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
tburns
Regular Contributor

I actually stopped regretting the app itch to have a Best Buy card. I initially tried for it 2 years ago and ended up with the $300 RZMC with $59 af, I attempted again last fall and ended up with the plan b store card stuck at $600 with receiving a letter stating my $600 is the highest CL for my card.

After the conversion I hit the CLI on both cards.

Store card

$600 --->$3100, $2500 was asked for and granted, was scared to ask for too much.

RZMC

$300 --->$750, They made me call them and said my $2500 request needed a HP, I declined and got it to $750 with a SP.

So I now love the store card and still hate my RZMC, but probably close that before next AF in June.

Message 13 of 18
GFer
Valued Contributor

Wow! That's a huge improvement! I'd let the card age and give it some use (the one think you might close). Maybe right before then, they would show you more love...ie waive annual fee (at very least)! At least it wouldn't cost  you anything. I never give up a cc that doesn't cost me anything, simply for the AAoA. I only have two left that had/have annual fees. One being my boa. They promised me it would be converted and annual fee waived forever. Of course, it's been two days and the fee is still sitting on my account...

The other is an Orchard card (builder). Started @ $300 and they increased awhile back to $500. (2yrs ago and unemployed at time of increase)....but still. My scores are such that "I" feel I shouldn't have an annual fee. And I have enough credit that I could care less about closing them. I have almost 14 yrs AAoA, so not a big deal. I don't 'need' the credit lines, just trying to improve them overall. I'm finally at the point, that if they can't offer me what I want on my terms or at the very least, some improvement...gotta go!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Well

thry HP TU a day after I hit the luv button

a day later they sent me an eletronic message saying they will not raise it... bummer..

there is a direct phone number for a credit analist. that I will for sure hit up!

I was hoping to get one of my last card out of the 3 digits sum...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 15 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 18
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Just putting my two cents. I requested a cli on my BBRZMC and also had a HP on TU Smiley Sad. It also resulted in a denial because of high util and recent opened cards.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 17 of 18
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

I apped for and got BBY Plan B in March of 2011, 600CL 29.99% and was told it would never increase.  HSBC. 

In Jan 2013 I called CapOne (not that I understood anything they say because the accent is too much)  and they indicated to me that they were keeping plan B in place and that would be forwarded to the accounts after the buyout was complete, however I could apply for another card and maybe I would get a higher line.  I apped and got 1850 PLan B CapOne 27.99%. 

Fast Forward -Citi Buyout.

Citi did away with Plan B, did away with CLI Eligibility issues previously placed on Plan B card holders. 

I was able to get a CLI w/soft EX on the Second card up to 2500 and a CLI on the first card up to 4K yesterday, I have not checked if it was a hard or soft yet.  I assume hard because it was a large CLI. 

So far Citi has been much more negotiable than CO or HSBC. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.