Established Member
Scorpiion

Subprime Monkey

I've been trying so hard for so long (just the last year or so :smileyhappy:)  to get this subprime monkey off of my back, but I just can't shake it!!! I went from two years ago not having any line of credit what-so-ever, to finally biting the bullet and getting a few subprime cards because I couldn't get a secured card. Then I was FINALLY able to obtain a Capital One Secured card and the subprime offers kept coming. I decided to take the chance so that I can have some type of credit to build on, then I was approved for a $25k car loan on a 2012 last year, have received a few increases on my cards, but still no luck from a prime card yet :smileysad: . The only thing that has happened was in the past few weeks as I was shoppping here or there whether in store or on-line, I was offered a card through pre-approval. My question is how long do you guys think I have to wait before I can 86 the subprime life and step into a card with lower interest and great rewards??? What can I do??

July, 02 EQ-615 TU-624 EX-??

Cap 1 Secured, Cap 1 (ex. Orchard), 4 subprime, 8 store, 3 catalog cards and 1 gas

AAoA 3yrs 2mths
Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Subprime Monkey

Scorpiion wrote:

I've been trying so hard for so long (just the last year or so :smileyhappy:)  to get this subprime monkey off of my back, but I just can't shake it!!! I went from two years ago not having any line of credit what-so-ever, to finally biting the bullet and getting a few subprime cards because I couldn't get a secured card. Then I was FINALLY able to obtain a Capital One Secured card and the subprime offers kept coming. I decided to take the chance so that I can have some type of credit to build on, then I was approved for a $25k car loan on a 2012 last year, have received a few increases on my cards, but still no luck from a prime card yet :smileysad: . The only thing that has happened was in the past few weeks as I was shoppping here or there whether in store or on-line, I was offered a card through pre-approval. My question is how long do you guys think I have to wait before I can 86 the subprime life and step into a card with lower interest and great rewards??? What can I do??

LOL I manage restaurants and know oh too well about 86'ing....Welcome to the forums!!! It can depend on a lot of things... do you have any baddies (derogs)???how many INQ in the past year???what is your current UTIL??

ccpics2.jpg
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Scorpiion wrote:

Sounds like a year of gardening will get that monkey off of your shoulder!!! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Member
Scorpiion

this year just one inquiry, I'm still waiting on like 13 to fall off :smileysurprised: ...yeah I know thats alot but I didn't know about it until last year in August from being on here, thats when I stopped. The derogs and baddies are from like 7++ years ago which I pay something off of my report every month and the utilization is at 32%, it has come down a long way from 50% around the holidays.

Cap 1 Secured, Cap 1 (ex. Orchard), 4 subprime, 8 store, 3 catalog cards and 1 gas

AAoA 3yrs 2mths
Valued Contributor
beb86

Scorpiion wrote:

this year just one inquiry, I'm still waiting on like 13 to fall off :smileysurprised: ...yeah I know thats alot but I didn't know about it until last year in August from being on here, thats when I stopped. The derogs and baddies are from like 7++ years ago which I pay something off of my report every month and the utilization is at 32%, it has come down a long way from 50% around the holidays.

I agree with LS but to also add if your baddies are 7+ years old you should be able to make them go away pretty easily.. 

Best of luck!!!!

Beb

ccpics2.jpg
Established Member
Scorpiion

Thanks guys...I never had a green thumb!! Guess I'll give it a try

AAoA 3yrs 2mths
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

Scorpiion wrote:

Welcome to myFICO. Give it some time, things will only get better as long as you continue to do the right things. Good luck!

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps191e9096.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+