Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success! Amex re-aged me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success! Amex re-aged me!

Got my Green Card, listed as '08. Called and told 'em I had an '86 Account, gave them my SS#, two minutes later they were sending out a new card, said they'd do the same with the Gold Delta as soon as I get it.

For anyone who has followed, I was at 500s last November, I range from 700-743 now.  Part of that is from two AUs, a 38 year and a 15 year which I got for the explicit purpose of creating age/score to get new cards. I managed to get approved in that timeframe for 7 Credit cards, total $35k and a charge card (Amex).  The only problem is that on manual review my accounts are all under a year.  Now I'll have my own two very old credit-accounts.  Plus I'm thinking two 22 year old accounts should bump my scores from 20-50 points (I'll report back).  Can't *wait* to see what they do with the 743 Efax that also will be dropping from 35% util to 0% util in the same timeframe.

Next step;  just took over Dad's corp which had an Amex from '92.  Will apply with my SS# and if approved, see if they'll date that to '92 as well. Which will give me an aged corp with aged credit.

This from a guy who couldn't have gotten a *secured* card a year ago.

Way to go MyFico! Thanks All!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Success! Amex re-aged me!

Congrats nyccc2. I tried to get my account opened in 2/08 re-aged to a 1993 account I had opened with them with no luck. Did you have to speak to a supervisor or give the secret handshake?
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobaltnv wrote:
Congrats nyccc2. I tried to get my account opened in 2/08 re-aged to a 1993 account I had opened with them with no luck. Did you have to speak to a supervisor or give the secret handshake?

No, that is what is weird. I was expecting a long fight and supervisor after supervisor. I told the first woman I talked to (the # on the back of the card) I wanted to re-age to 1986.  She asked for account # I gave her ss#. She confirmed what I wanted to do (change member since date to 1986) put me on hold, came back in two minutes with a woman from the right department, who again confirmed what i wanted to do (make myself member since 1986), asked for # on front of card, and said we'll ship out today.

It was werid, I almost felt like if i said 1980 or 1976 they would have just said 'ok you want to be a member since 1976'.    I might even play dumb and do that when I cal for the Amex Gold Delta update.

I also confirmed with her that I didn't just want a card that said 1986 but the account to be listed as 1986.  She said yes.  I'll check my Credit Reports and make sure but if so I am golded (or maybe even platinum!)

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck for me... :-(

They told me it was no longer in the system (closed in 2001). If only I knew then what I know now! Since I don't have an account number, or old bill I'm out of luck. Oh well!

Message 4 of 12
lisac
Regular Contributor

amex found my old account but can't back date me because the card i had then is no longer available and they cant pull up the info.  funny thing is i thought i had a green card.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lisac wrote:
amex found my old account but can't back date me because the card i had then is no longer available and they cant pull up the info.  funny thing is i thought i had a green card.

That is basically what they told me, except they couldn't even find the account.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto for me (closed Optima in 2001, AMEX says they can't locate it).  The TL is still showing on my EX report, so I've sent copy of that to AMEX to see if that helps them re age my accounts.  No word back yet...
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wonder if my success was due to the fact the account was delinquint.  When I called re the tradeline they found it by ss# immediatly and said it was in the recovery department (I offered to pay on the spot, they said, believe it or not, don't worry about it). So maybe the fact it *was* delinquint caused them to pay more attention to keeping it in the system?  I was surprised at how easy it was, as I said it almost seemed as if I could have asked for any date.

Sorry about the troubles, next time I call I'll see if they can give me the direct # to that department and post here.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, nyccc2! It is nice to read success stories like yours.
Message 9 of 12
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wonder if my success was due to the fact the account was delinquint.  When I called re the tradeline they found it by ss# immediatly and said it was in the recovery department (I offered to pay on the spot, they said, believe it or not, don't worry about it). So maybe the fact it *was* delinquint caused them to pay more attention to keeping it in the system?  I was surprised at how easy it was, as I said it almost seemed as if I could have asked for any date.

Sorry about the troubles, next time I call I'll see if they can give me the direct # to that department and post here.

It is true they appear to keep really good records if you default.  I too am surprised they said "don't worry about it" when you offered to pay, do you remember about how much the amount was?  I was under the impression that they always made you pay before giving a new card. Congrats on your success.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.