Did you mean: 

Success! Amex re-aged me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success! Amex re-aged me!

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wonder if my success was due to the fact the account was delinquint.  When I called re the tradeline they found it by ss# immediatly and said it was in the recovery department (I offered to pay on the spot, they said, believe it or not, don't worry about it). So maybe the fact it *was* delinquint caused them to pay more attention to keeping it in the system?  I was surprised at how easy it was, as I said it almost seemed as if I could have asked for any date.

Sorry about the troubles, next time I call I'll see if they can give me the direct # to that department and post here.

It is true they appear to keep really good records if you default.  I too am surprised they said "don't worry about it" when you offered to pay, do you remember about how much the amount was?  I was under the impression that they always made you pay before giving a new card. Congrats on your success.

THey had it listed at about $1k but doubt that was right, and she didn't know either.  I asked a few times and she said no it is too old. Then I asked 'if I apply then will I be declined because of this?' and she said 'No, once we remove it from the CRAs you will be fine'.  So I said 'but then if I'm approved will you have this on record and use it for my Member Since Date?' and she said 'Yes, and if we don't just call and remind us'.

Pretty much a dream scenario. Hoping it works as well when the Gold Delta comes in...

Message 11 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Success! Amex re-aged me!

@Anonymous wrote:

THey had it listed at about $1k but doubt that was right, and she didn't know either.  I asked a few times and she said no it is too old. Then I asked 'if I apply then will I be declined because of this?' and she said 'No, once we remove it from the CRAs you will be fine'.  So I said 'but then if I'm approved will you have this on record and use it for my Member Since Date?' and she said 'Yes, and if we don't just call and remind us'.

Pretty much a dream scenario. Hoping it works as well when the Gold Delta comes in...

Hi,

Glad it worked for you! I was able to re-age my accounts about a month ago. Be careful, they are not telling you they keep extremely good records.... My old green account was found under my SS# under my married name even though my new accounts (opened 2006, 2007 and 2008) were all opened under maiden name. When I called to request re-aging they were very happy to adjust all new accounts to date opened 1987. When I called back a few weeks later to discuss changes on my credit bureau, I found out the original date was already attached to my gold charge card. Makes you wonder why they didnt report the old date from the beginning??? Seems you need to request the change...even though some on the forum said it just popped up on their home pages.

Quite strange to say the least....

Message Edited by ocheosa on 11-30-2008 05:30 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.