Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Success!) What should my next steps be

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: What should my next steps be

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

It been a while since I posted on this thread.

After being denied just four months ago due to limited credit history, having no luck with two recons, trying again with less than 2 months of a true AAoA (knowing that Chase prefers at least 12 months, minus AU accounts), then getting a full 10 day message rather than a 7 - 10, it seemed like a nail in the coffin. I was discouraged.

I decided to wait for the hard mail and today I got it, but threw it on the table right away. It was very flexible, and thin as a leaf! I knew there was no card inside.

About 10 minutes later:

"We recently received an application for CHASE FREEDOM Visa Platinum credit card reflecting your name and social security number. The security of your information is very important to us and we need to confirm that the application is yours. If we can confirm the validity of this request, we will then continue processing your application.

Sincerely, Fraud Department"

"Platinum" credit card, so a credit limit may have already been determined. But "continue processing" sounded as if it didnt mean good news.

I was very unenthusiastic when answering the questions (the Rep sounded the same way), but after doing so, her tone changed - my tone changed - and I was APPROVED@ @ $2,000, whoo! Smiley Happy

I wonder if I can return the gas I bought today. I need that 5%!

If it were only possible!!  Smiley Very Happy   Congrats on getting the card!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.