Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success With Amex Or should I say Experian

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Success With Amex Or should I say Experian

Since Amex starting changing customers actual memebership dates, I finally disputed with Experian about my Blue account still showing Jan 07 (which was the actual opening date) instead of Jan 1987 like it does on Equifax & TU. I Disputed it with them on Friday the 24 of Oct, I just checked and it was fixed. Now I will wait and pull another report and see how much increase I will get in my Experian score
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: Success With Amex Or should I say Experian

Thank You :smileyhappy:

Well before any of this happened I had 14 years of credit history. When Amex backdated accounts my history changed to 21 years. The longer the history the better the scores should be since I haven't been late, And I carry over only 3 balances out of 13 cards. My overall usage is around 4% based on $331,000 in credit.. I will get fresh scores soon

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

glad to hear it, they move pretty quick on these disputes as i think i mentioned to you in a previous post.  if it rebuckets you you may not see much of a change or may decrease due to nose bleed scores already.  overall it should help if it lengthens history, and may increasse your highest possible score.  congrats!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 5
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Well before any of this happened I had 14 years of credit history. When Amex backdated accounts my history changed to 21 years. The longer the history the better the scores should be since I haven't been late, And I carry over only 3 balances out of 13 cards. My overall usage is around 4% based on $331,000 in credit.. I will get fresh scores soon

Message 3 of 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:

With all due respect to your tremendous scores, all you are playing for is bragging rights.  It won't mean a bit of difference in your financial life, i.e. you won't get any better interest rates.  Whatever makes you happy, but I've got lots of more interesting things to do than try to drive my score over 800 and get closer to an 850.  Everybody is so focussed here on opening lines of credit without thinking about how much debt they are racking up.

4% util is great, but that still represents over $13,000 of debt.  Wouldn't it be better to drive that down?  Again, congrats on the scores. 

Message 4 of 5
plasticguy
Established Contributor

If I were a threat to a credit card issuer my limits would have been reuduced. My scores are above the average american. I don't need advice on my credit. With all due respect. THe majority of my debt is at 0% so what's the problem? HUH?Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.