cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success after rebuilding.. time to garden!

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Success after rebuilding.. time to garden!

Perfect, how did you get into nfcu? That cl is sick compared to the others.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 15
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Nice 'wallet' to answer your question balance transfers do not count towards rewards, nor do cash advances
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ILBrian wrote:
Nice 'wallet' to answer your question balance transfers do not count towards rewards, nor do cash advances

Crapola, and Im guessing I cant pay the CC with another CC to get around that.. ah well.  Thanks

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad who actually passed away 1.5 years ago, retired from the military after 24 years.  Since he was eligible at death, I am eligible to join.  It was strange however because upon talking to the CSR, I told her about my dad and she yes that would make you eligible.  Then she proceeded with the app and sign up.  She didnt ask any questions about him at all, except which branch he was in.  Im not sure if they have some sort of inernal way to find that stuff out.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quest208 wrote:

i dont think its a good idea to app with collections on your repot (for amex)

if you apply with collections, you have to balance it out with 720+ scores and other "goodies", probably no lates in past 24 months, etc.  probably not a good idea to app in less than 6 months from now.

to be honest with you i think you have some impressive cards to start!!!  you have 4 very very good cards, i'd get rid of the "questionable" accounts that might be holding you back (no idea what those are)

forget about amex for now, life is good with what you have.  and if you really want an amex, get the Travelocity amex from Barclays like i did.  i will probably apply for amex this year, but i went without amex for over 6 years, i didnt even think of applying for amex.

be happy with what you have, because its pretty darn good, pay on time for a year and watch those scores take off

Thank you for the advice! I definitely am satisfied with what I have now.  The one paid collection is actually fraud so I am still trying to get it off of my report.  I probably wont  app for amex for a long time if ever.  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.