Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success rate for Discover's pre-approval link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success rate for Discover's pre-approval link

While I haven't tried the pre-approval link, I sometimes check on their site to see if the pre-approvals they send me in the mail show up, and I apparently do not exist in their online lookup...

Message 11 of 13
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

I personally believe in "pre-approved" about as much as I believe in the fairy godmother.

If you are REALLY "pre-approved", why then do you have to apply? See the logical contradiction there?

It's never a TRUE "pre-approval" you still have to apply, and I think you have as much chance whether you were "pre-approved" or not frankly.

But I will say marketers are natural born liars. They'd tell you the sky is red with a big happy drunken smile on their plastered faces and look you in the eye as they say it. Takes a special kind of person to do that for a living.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 12 of 13
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The message I received- "PreApproved for any of the cards listed below" and had footnotes about terms and limits being set by final review of credit after app, so it did insinuate that I'd get a card. YMMV.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.