Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success w/ GW letter to Macy's!

tag
CBuff
New Contributor

Success w/ GW letter to Macy's!

So last week I posted about receiving a bill in response to my GW letter to Macy's. I wasn't specific in my GW and just merely asked for a "goodwill adjustment" to the negative reporting.

Last night I got a letter from Macy's saying that they have deleted the Macy's account from the big 3! GW works! Thanks so much for all your help guys!
Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Success w/ GW letter to Macy's!

CBuff wrote:
So last week I posted about receiving a bill in response to my GW letter to Macy's. I wasn't specific in my GW and just merely asked for a "goodwill adjustment" to the negative reporting.

Last night I got a letter from Macy's saying that they have deleted the Macy's account from the big 3! GW works! Thanks so much for all your help guys!

Congrats... WTG....
Message 2 of 7
tyler511
Valued Member

Hi,

I called them last month and they deleted my account also that was do to drop off this year.
Message 3 of 7
orl2185
Established Contributor

CBuff wrote:

Super Duper congrats go out to you for your great work there.... WTG

Yes, GW does work bigtime. The best co to deal with GW by far is CAP1 yes I said it CAP1... not Crap1 like they call it here. Got 4 Baddies removed from them, and got great clis from them also. All those were included in my BK btw. Great to work with...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out a GW letter to Macy's regarding 2 - 30 day lates from 2004 back in December 07.  Nothing.  Then I called about a month ago and they said that they would delete and still haven't seen anything.   What am I doing wrong?
Message 5 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

sas..........same exact thing happened with me. I had two 30-day lates back in 06 (I think it was). Anyway, Macys responded to my GW letter and removed them. They are a little slow at times. I did notice that about 3 weeks after deleting them from my CR, they sent me a formal letter saying they would do so. Seems they are a tad (about a month) behind.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

I've tried about 5 different letters.  Some through Planet Feedback, one fax, and a couple actual letters.  No dice so far.  However, mine is for a paid chargeoff from January '06.  It's not just a couple of 30 day lates.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.