Valued Member
afewcrowns

Success with FIA Card Services?

Anyone had luck with getting interest rate reduced with FIA Card Services Master Card? I have been trying for 6 months with No luck

Thanks!

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
nicemann

Re: Success with FIA Card Services?

I applied for the GMAC Equity Mastercard by FIA last Thursday.  Got the message that I would receive an answer in 7-10 days.  Well I called Bank Of America on another issue and they said they see my app for the card in their system.  They qualified me for the card but I had to take some CL from my other cards with them.  I am maxed with my CL for my income.  Figured what the heck already used the INQ, might as well take the additional TL.  So to answer the question, yes I have!
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

[ Edited ]
In my experience, FIA/BoA seems to be very generous when it comes to CLIs, but they have been very inflexible when it comes to APR reduction requests.  I PIF the card so the interest rate doesn't have an effect so I guess it's just a matter of principle with me. 

I've tried unsuccessfully for months to get my APR lowered on my World Points card as a "tangible" reward for my credit repair efforts, but no dice.  However, they continually dangle the possibility of new TLs with better terms.  While tempting, I simply don't need any more TLs and instead will focus on getting higher CLs and better terms.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-03-2008 08:28 AM
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Frequent Contributor
greyhound2007

I have gotten both my hubbys and my interest rate reduced, we PIF so as the pp said it is principal.  Maybe thats why they lowered it since we don't carry a balance.  I always feel if we carried a balance they could at anytime raise the rate and nothing we could do abt it.  BTW I went thru 5 or 6 CSRs before they finally agreed to lower it.   Good Luck Vicki
~We'll Never Say Goodbye~
In Loving Memory
Of All Lost Mothers

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}