Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with FIA Card Services?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success with FIA Card Services?

Anyone had luck with getting interest rate reduced with FIA Card Services Master Card? I have been trying for 6 months with No luck

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Success with FIA Card Services?

I applied for the GMAC Equity Mastercard by FIA last Thursday.  Got the message that I would receive an answer in 7-10 days.  Well I called Bank Of America on another issue and they said they see my app for the card in their system.  They qualified me for the card but I had to take some CL from my other cards with them.  I am maxed with my CL for my income.  Figured what the heck already used the INQ, might as well take the additional TL.  So to answer the question, yes I have!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, FIA/BoA seems to be very generous when it comes to CLIs, but they have been very inflexible when it comes to APR reduction requests.  I PIF the card so the interest rate doesn't have an effect so I guess it's just a matter of principle with me. 

I've tried unsuccessfully for months to get my APR lowered on my World Points card as a "tangible" reward for my credit repair efforts, but no dice.  However, they continually dangle the possibility of new TLs with better terms.  While tempting, I simply don't need any more TLs and instead will focus on getting higher CLs and better terms.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-03-2008 08:28 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten both my hubbys and my interest rate reduced, we PIF so as the pp said it is principal.  Maybe thats why they lowered it since we don't carry a balance.  I always feel if we carried a balance they could at anytime raise the rate and nothing we could do abt it.  BTW I went thru 5 or 6 CSRs before they finally agreed to lower it.   Good Luck Vicki
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.