Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successes and Denials!

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Successes and Denials!

So, AmEx declined my 3X CLI, but that's because I have like 13 Inq.  

I App'd for a CLI w/ Citi (was at $500), requested an increase to 1K yesterday, they approved it, then requested another one today for $500 and they approved it!  So my Citi limit is $1,500.  My BofA card is at $1500, too!  I requested another $500 and they are pending review.  I also app'd for a Barclay card today and they approved me for a measly $500.  UGH.  

Is Barclay even worth having??!  Will they close my Acct. due to numerous Apps.?

Thank you my friends!

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Successes and Denials!

Congrats on your cli's

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

So, AmEx declined my 3X CLI, but that's because I have like 13 Inq.  

I App'd for a CLI w/ Citi (was at $500), requested an increase to 1K yesterday, they approved it, then requested another one today for $500 and they approved it!  So my Citi limit is $1,500.  My BofA card is at $1500, too!  I requested another $500 and they are pending review.  I also app'd for a Barclay card today and they approved me for a measly $500.  UGH.  

Is Barclay even worth having??!  Will they close my Acct. due to numerous Apps.?

Thank you my friends!

You need to lay low for the next 6 months no apps or HP's with the Barclay card in your lineup. They will do AA on accounts but its YMMV.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

What is YMMV? I had the barclaycard since July and have verry high utilization, alot of new accounts, and alot of inquires and so far have not received AA it's an Apple Financing?
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 6
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals....now go to the garden for a while Smiley Tongue

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.