Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Backdating!

tag
itsmemikeyg
Valued Member

Successful Backdating!

I recieved my new Premier Rewards Gold Card last week but remember I saw posts before about amex and backdating.  I simply mentioned to the rep that I was on authorized user on my moms Platinum card back in high school.  He put me on hold for about a minute, came back and said he found the record of my AU and needed a few more minutes to change it in the system.  This morning I woke up to two tracking numbers in my email for my new cards with updated "Member Since" info.   My Blue and Premier will report 2005 rather then 2012 so that will be a nice boost to my AAoA.  I just wanted to share with people how supprisingly easy this is to do. 

American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card / American Express Blue 30K / Discover It 33.5K / Bank of America Cash Rewards 16K / Citi Diamond Preferred 10.3K / Chase Freedom 10K / Chase Marriott Rewards Premier 5K / Best Buy Card 2.7K / Chase Slate 2.5K / Chase Freedom 1K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Successful Backdating!

Congratulations!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats Amex does wonders for AAoA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 15
bribro
Valued Contributor

Awesome! One of my biggest credit score regrets was not getting in with AmEx sooner.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Awesome! One of my biggest credit score regrets was not getting in with AmEx sooner.

Yup, same here.  I got my first Amex in 2001 (and successfully got them to backdated the new card for me) but it could've been a few years earlier.

Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 15
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Lexie

I must be about a year older, mines backdated to 1984   LOL

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 8 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 15
rex_03
Contributor

Congrats, and nice bump.. Whoo Hoo!!

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.