Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Chase Combined Cards!!

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Successful Chase Combined Cards!!

@Anonymous wrote:

And, yet for some reason in the world Barclay's won't give me a card to save my life!

Why would you expect different creditors to have the same underwriting critieria?

@Anonymous wrote:

Once I got it, I found out that it was pretty much a card that offered absolutely nothing for someone like me who carries no balances unless it's like $150-$200 for a month at most.

Definitely research carefully before applying.

>

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And, yet for some reason in the world Barclay's won't give me a card to save my life!

Why would you expect different creditors to have the same underwriting critieria?

@Anonymous wrote:

Once I got it, I found out that it was pretty much a card that offered absolutely nothing for someone like me who carries no balances unless it's like $150-$200 for a month at most.

Definitely research carefully before applying.

>

That's why I come here, to learn what to do better as I learn to apply, handle, and understand credit better.

Message 12 of 17
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 13 of 17
Windowguy
Valued Member

Was the credit line increase a hard pull or a soft pull? 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Windowguy wrote:

Actually, they didn't do any pull(s). I was closing the Chase Slate Card and upon doing that combined the already approved credit limit to the Chase Freedom Card. So, there really wasn't any CLI per say. Just a transfer.  I did, for clarity, check my credit reports and there was no pull done by Chase.

I did my combining of cards via the telephone with a live rep.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Windowguy wrote:

Actually, they didn't do any pull(s). I was closing the Chase Slate Card and upon doing that combined the already approved credit limit to the Chase Freedom Card. So, there really wasn't any CLI per say. Just a transfer.  I did, for clarity, check my credit reports and there was no pull done by Chase.

Do you mind sharing the number you called? I have bunch of chase cards that I dont use. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Windowguy wrote:

Do you mind sharing the number you called? I have bunch of chase cards that I dont use. Smiley Happy

I called 800-524-3880, which is the number on the back of the card. Then, they transfered me to the department that can combine cards. It was easy as can be. I wasn't on the phone longer than maybe 4 minutes and all was done. 

The letter I rec'd from Chase explains that they "adjusted" my credit limits, not a credit limit increase.

Since I am now over $5K with my Freedom Card, I asked Chase about making it a "Signature Freedom" but they said I need to have 1 full year (which will be March 25, 2016) and then they would make it a Signature Visa.

They seem to be really easy to deal with. I've only been with them for a little over 10 months and have had a CLI on my Slate and Freedom, and combined my Slate over to Freedom when the Slate was only 3 months old. I requested both CLI and they were approved. Both of those were HP's.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.