Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Citi PC

tag
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Successful Citi PC

I saw that a lot of people were having good luck with Citi lately.

Earlier this year, I received a 10 point APR reduction, then had my CL doubled.

Well, today I was feeling depressed so I called the backdoor number and asked them to PC my Platinum Select to the Hilton Honors Visa Signature. To my suprise, the answer was a yes. The card is now a Visa Signature (my first!) and I get to keep my 5 year history with Citi going forward, no new TL.

I honestly couldn't stand the extra cash rewards system on my platinum select, so I wanted the HHonors card since I only stay at Hilton brand hotels when traveling. So I have my 3 card prime lineup (Amex Zync, Discover More, Citi HHonors Visa Sig) which is very exciting.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful Citi PC

@joeyh2007 wrote:

I saw that a lot of people were having good luck with Citi lately.

Earlier this year, I received a 10 point APR reduction, then had my CL doubled.

Well, today I was feeling depressed so I called the backdoor number and asked them to PC my Platinum Select to the Hilton Honors Visa Signature. To my suprise, the answer was a yes. The card is now a Visa Signature (my first!) and I get to keep my 5 year history with Citi going forward, no new TL.

I honestly couldn't stand the extra cash rewards system on my platinum select, so I wanted the HHonors card since I only stay at Hilton brand hotels when traveling. So I have my 3 card prime lineup (Amex Zync, Discover More, Citi HHonors Visa Sig) which is very exciting.

Congrats! welcome to the sig club!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 2 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I've been thinking of PC'ing my Citi card, so I'm glad to hear they are willing to do so.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 6
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Joey,

Did Citi tell you whether you will be getting a credit line increase to the 5k minimum for the visa signature? I ask because I just pc'd my hilton gold to the new reserve card. They told me it was going to become a visa signature, but my credit line would stay at 2k. I am guessing Citi gives out visa signatures under the 5k?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 4 of 6
joeyh2007
New Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

Joey,

Did Citi tell you whether you will be getting a credit line increase to the 5k minimum for the visa signature? I ask because I just pc'd my hilton gold to the new reserve card. They told me it was going to become a visa signature, but my credit line would stay at 2k. I am guessing Citi gives out visa signatures under the 5k?

No CLI, same 2k limit. That will change in time, but I did call back 2 other times to verify that they are in fact giving me the Visa Signature.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 5 of 6
PNut08
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this....

I'm interested in combining CLs from 2 citi cards. I have a citi thank you card and a goodyear card issued through citibank. I never use the goodyear card and want to move the $2k limit to my thank you card. Is it possible to do this? I don't want my overall available credit to change so if I can't move the CL to thank you then the goodyear card will just sit in the drawer.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.