Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Citi Reallocation

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Successful Citi Reallocation

I have 2 cards from Citi - the Citi Forward and the Citi Dividend WE. I've  been wanting to close the Forward since its' nerfed structure is effectively useless for me (I have a card that earns 2.25% CB). but didn't want to lose the credit limit I had with the card. I called in Thursday and asked the lady who picked up to speak with an account manager. When I told her that it was about possibly closing my card, she offered to do it for me, but I persisted in speaking with an account manager. After getting ahold of one I asked if I could reallocate the limit to my dividend card. I was told I could move all but $500, which I said yes to. He told me that a credit inquiry would occur, which I consented to. So far I haven't seen an inquiry, but I have to wait until Credit Karma refreshes to be certain (I don't have a subscription to any daily/paid monitoring). I logged in today to see that the reallocation was successful, and can now go ahead and close the Forward card.  

tl;dr - There is hope of reallocation for my fellow Citi Forward stragglers. Not sure about trying to PC, but you can at least save most of your CL to put on another card!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful Citi Reallocation

Good to know! I need to do something about my three Citibank cards....Glad it worked out for you; persistence paid off! 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leoment wrote:

I have 2 cards from Citi - the Citi Forward and the Citi Dividend WE. I've  been wanting to close the Forward since its' nerfed structure is effectively useless for me (I have a card that earns 2.25% CB). but didn't want to lose the credit limit I had with the card. I called in Thursday and asked the lady who picked up to speak with an account manager. When I told her that it was about possibly closing my card, she offered to do it for me, but I persisted in speaking with an account manager. After getting ahold of one I asked if I could reallocate the limit to my dividend card. I was told I could move all but $500, which I said yes to. He told me that a credit inquiry would occur, which I consented to. So far I haven't seen an inquiry, but I have to wait until Credit Karma refreshes to be certain (I don't have a subscription to any daily/paid monitoring). I logged in today to see that the reallocation was successful, and can now go ahead and close the Forward card.  

tl;dr - There is hope of reallocation for my fellow Citi Forward stragglers. Not sure about trying to PC, but you can at least save most of your CL to put on another card!

Thanks for the information leoment.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leoment wrote:

Did virtually the same thing a long while back. Citi treated my p/c like yours. Had to leave $500 for account closing (closed the account as I am not a TYP's fan).

Message 4 of 9
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Credit karma in the past has alerted me to an inquiry and actually done a mid week refresh of my credit "to see how it effected my scores" I don't rely on their scoring but their monitoring for a free service is pretty good imo.
Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 5 of 9
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@leoment wrote:

I can confirm similiar results: took 10k from my HHR to my AA card, just with regular CSR.  Hard pull, had to leave at least $400 on HHR. The CSR couldn't give an immediate answer, notify by mail.  Took two business days to show up on my home page.  Good to go!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 6 of 9
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Just an update for future reference - Citi DID as they said they would, and performed a HP on Equifax. No big deal for me as I only have 2 on EQ now, but be aware if you want to reallocate but are INQ sensitive.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 7 of 9
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@awp317 wrote:
Credit karma in the past has alerted me to an inquiry and actually done a mid week refresh of my credit "to see how it effected my scores" I don't rely on their scoring but their monitoring for a free service is pretty good imo.

Late reply, but I went and checked - they didn't e-mail me or give me a push notification from the app when the INQ hit (on the 11th). I wonder why it didn't alert me about itSmiley Frustrated  Thanks for letting me know!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Also, check out WalletHub for daily CS updates. Yes it is vantage but it also is free!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.