Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Double Cash

I rarely used my Citi Diamond Preferred card though I've had it for over 7 years. I was interested in the Double Cash card since the 2% rewards is a great offer. I decided to log in and see if I could get a PC. When I logged on they told me to call the 800 number. After some verification and a little confusion from the rep who couldn't understand what I wanted to do, I am now awaiting my new Double Cash card in the mail. After I reach my spend on the Venture card, I see this being my everyday card. Come on rewards!!!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Double Cash

Congrats. I just did the same thing. Or I should say I'm in the process of doing it. 

5/10 - Phone call for PC

5/19 - Got cards

6/30 - When the change is going to take effect  

I'd be curious to know the timeline on yours. The picture of DC and all the benefit statements etc. showed up on my online account immediately, but the word next to the card says Diamond. 

Message 2 of 31
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Nice! Was the Diamond Preffered a VISA?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 31
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

I have one and it's a Mastercard.  OP, thanks for posting this.  I will try to PC mine also.

Edit:  Chatting with Citi rep right now. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

5/24 PC

10-14 days for the card to arrive

7/14 Change takes effect 

When I logged back into my account it has a new last 4 digits for my card number and now says Double Cash beside the card image.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

My Diamond Preferred was a Visa card.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

bmw2fyne wrote:

My Diamond Preferred was a Visa card.

Ah, that answers the question I was going to ask. My account number didn't change but my DP was MC and so is the DC. 

Message 7 of 31
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Nice! How did the change work out? You got a new account number, correct? Did they update the account number on the CRAs or did they post a completely new account? Thanks for the reply.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 8 of 31
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Man, that was fast!  Just finished chatting with the rep and she told me to call the 800 number.  A person (probably in India) answered the phone and was able to PC my Diamond Preferred to Double Cash card right away!  I logged back on to my account and there it was.  They said the numbers don't change and they'll send me a new card in 7 - 10 days.

I didn't even know that they work on weekends. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Nice! How did the change work out? You got a new account number, correct? Did they update the account number on the CRAs or did they post a completely new account? Thanks for the reply.

A new account number showed up on my online account. I have not received or activated the card yet so I am not sure how it will update overall.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.