Did you mean: 

Successful PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Double Cash

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Successful PC from Citi Diamond Preferred to Double Cash

@leoment wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I went through chat both times. Process was quick and painless to upgrade my TYP and Dividend VISAs to 2 DCs. You see the new account numbers immediately along with your old card; stating it'll (old card)deactivate once you activate your new card. Cards took about 9 days to arrive. Converted to World MASTERCARDs.

I made some purchases before converting and then others after I activated my card. I got 2% on the ones made after activation and 1% for the ones before when the statement cut.

You got your cards 9 days after PC??  I PCed from a TY Preferred to a Dividend card on 4/11, and was told the card wouldn't be mailed out until the PC was complete in their systems (which is a 45 day wait).  Plus the new card does not show up on my online account either - just my old Preferred card.

I wonder why they handle some PCs differently! 

I Pc'd my two cards 3/15 and 4/15. Yup...took the standard days for both to arrive. While waiting, you could see the old card with the message underneath saying it will deactivate once I got the new one, and the new Double Cash with the ending account numbers; stating to call once I got the card. My overall credit was doubled because both accounts had the same amount of credit. So if I had 6,000, it will showed 12,000 during this time. Then I got the card, activated, and unlinked the old one in my profile. All was up and running as normal. 

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let everyone know my statement cut on the 26th and all purchases made after I activated the DC got the 1% on purchases and the 1% on payments.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Random question...do you think a person who just received their citi diamond preferred, with a CL of $9200, could get a PC to double cash if they've never used the card? 

Message 23 of 31
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I went through chat both times. Process was quick and painless to upgrade my TYP and Dividend VISAs to 2 DCs. You see the new account numbers immediately along with your old card; stating it'll (old card)deactivate once you activate your new card. Cards took about 9 days to arrive. Converted to World MASTERCARDs.

I made some purchases before converting and then others after I activated my card. I got 2% on the ones made after activation and 1% for the ones before when the statement cut.

You got your cards 9 days after PC??  I PCed from a TY Preferred to a Dividend card on 4/11, and was told the card wouldn't be mailed out until the PC was complete in their systems (which is a 45 day wait).  Plus the new card does not show up on my online account either - just my old Preferred card.

I wonder why they handle some PCs differently! 

I Pc'd my two cards 3/15 and 4/15. Yup...took the standard days for both to arrive. While waiting, you could see the old card with the message underneath saying it will deactivate once I got the new one, and the new Double Cash with the ending account numbers; stating to call once I got the card. My overall credit was doubled because both accounts had the same amount of credit. So if I had 6,000, it will showed 12,000 during this time. Then I got the card, activated, and unlinked the old one in my profile. All was up and running as normal. 

That's really bizarre - you requested a PC after I did and have already received the new card/it appears on your online account!  Other than getting an e-document the day after I called confirming that I made the PC (and would have to wait 45 days for it to take effect), I haven't received anything else from Citi.  Since my wait period ends on 5/31, if the new account doesn't show up online by next week I'll have to call them to ask what's going on.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does PC mean?
Message 25 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What does PC mean?

Product Change 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks wesleym I'll give mine a try today
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this! Just had a friend try it and it worked for him also! DC is a lot better than Diamond anything.

Message 28 of 31
JSS3
Valued Contributor

LMAO@speedster.

You're killin us with this "friends" business. Instead of Barney and Friends, it's Speedster and "Friends"!
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Random question...do you think a person who just received their citi diamond preferred, with a CL of $9200, could get a PC to double cash if they've never used the card? 

It is definitely worth a shot. It is worth a try, all they can say is no, if anything, you may have to wait a certain amount of time after activation.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.