Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful WF PC plus CLD! UPDATE

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Successful WF PC plus CLD! UPDATE

Recently my Wells Fargo Amex hit me up for an AF to which, lol, they said i didnt have, so before closing i decided to see if i could pc. Took over a week as left hand didnt know what the right one was doing, i also think me adding a fraud alert was the culprit but if course they dont tell you this.

So i decided to pc to the no AF Cash Wise card and just got it in. Nice looking card. Say what you want about WF , but they have nice looking cards.

Some interesting tidbits. They actually gave me my lowest apr card yet at like 14%. And i do get the $200 cash back offer for $1000 spend in 3 months.Funny thing is they actually cld me ftom $2500 to $2450 cl lol. I dont care , $50 isnt gonna break my cranberrySmiley Wink They show me at 702 fico but im pretty sure thats not 8 where im at 758 via Amex.

Now to figure how the heck to get this account to show up on my login pageSmiley Wink
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Successful WF PC plus CLD!

AJC- Nice PC.

WF uses EX04, or something like that on their free credit score... It isn’t EX8, or EX9, I know that based on my GFs score with them...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My free credit score from Wells fargo is EX Fico 9.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say they gave you the SUB? Hm - are you certain the account age on the new card is the same as the old one? I've read that WF will "PC" you by closing your old account and just opening up a new one for the card you want to PC to - as I understood it, it's a process they wouldn't explain or caution about but would just do.

Considering that and that they gave you the SUB (which is very odd for a PC in my experience), I am curious if they actually PCed you or did that 1 2 switcheroo that I described.
Message 4 of 20
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the PC! $50 definitely isn't much, but I think having my card or total CL show up as $###,#50 would drive me nuts lol. I like things rounded to the nearest thousand.

**edited because I can't type and eat**

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
You say they gave you the SUB? Hm - are you certain the account age on the new card is the same as the old one? I've read that WF will "PC" you by closing your old account and just opening up a new one for the card you want to PC to - as I understood it, it's a process they wouldn't explain or caution about but would just do.

Considering that and that they gave you the SUB (which is very odd for a PC in my experience), I am curious if they actually PCed you or did that 1 2 switcheroo that I described.

Yes I've read this as well here in the forums. I want to PC my college card to a cash wise but read they would just cancel my card and make a new account. Please if you can share more details to how you managed to pc your card!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I wouldn’t put it past them to do this as they are quite the shady bank. 

AJC, nice work avoiding the AF. Here’s to hoping they let you keep the account age the same!  

Message 7 of 20
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

The score WF gives me is Experian Fico 2 Bankcard.
NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 8 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Recently my Wells Fargo Amex hit me up for an AF to which, lol, they said i didnt have, so before closing i decided to see if i could pc. Took over a week as left hand didnt know what the right one was doing, i also think me adding a fraud alert was the culprit but if course they dont tell you this.

So i decided to pc to the no AF Cash Wise card and just got it in. Nice looking card. Say what you want about WF , but they have nice looking cards.

Some interesting tidbits. They actually gave me my lowest apr card yet at like 14%. And i do get the $200 cash back offer for $1000 spend in 3 months.Funny thing is they actually cld me ftom $2500 to $2450 cl lol. I dont care , $50 isnt gonna break my cranberrySmiley Wink They show me at 702 fico but im pretty sure thats not 8 where im at 758 via Amex.

Now to figure how the heck to get this account to show up on my login pageSmiley Wink

Good job on the successful PC to a no-AF card!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm surprised it's not showing up on your dashboard already; when I had fraud on my Propel last summer and they had to reissue my card the old one disappeared from my dashboard for a day or so but then the new account automatically "popped" back in place. 

If you already have your new physical card you should be able to send them a SM to have them re-add it for you (they are extremely limited as to what they can do via SM for credit cards, but they should be able to handle that much.)

That's very strange about the $50 CLD, but like you say in the bigger picture your 'cranberry' is fine (for you non-Gardener's, that's 'utilization') and it doesn't make a meaningful difference, anyway.

Let us know how things turn out with the sign-up bonus and if the history for your previous card carries over or if this one ends up reporting like a new account.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everybody. Yeah i was on the verge of just closing it out after being passed about for a week. I have a funny feeling that itll show up as a new account since they did close up the Amex account and upon login it says its closed. If it does appear as a new account thatlll stink but i guess it is what it is. Im going to sm them to see if they can add the card to my login again. Ill keep everyone in the loop on the SUB as well.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.