Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Such thing as TOO MANY payments??

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Such thing as TOO MANY payments??

Enough of the back and forth in this thread, there are some comments approaching nonFSR. Its okay to disagree but please make sure you do in a respectful manner. I thank you all for understanding this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 71 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a CC statement they add up all the payments and all of the debits and then add any interest/fees if they are applicable. It doesnt say 6 payments, just an amount. If it really bothers you call Discover call Capital One, whomever you got and ask them if they care how they like payments. Get back to us.
Message 72 of 74
IllinoisNative
Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

So what is wrong with my stating my opinion?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with stating an opinion.  This board is full of them.  You however were stating your opinion as facts, but when asked to back it up with some sort of evidence or data you were either unable or unwilling to.  I asked you a few pages back to reference for me one example of a creditor taking AA against a card holder for using/paying off twice their credit limit in one cycle, ending the cycle by paying in full.  You ignored that request, so I'm assuming that's something you can't reference which could turn your "opinion" into a "fact" which is how you have presented your entire argument. 

If you want to conclude this debate by saying that YOUR OPINION is that this practice looks bad, YOU FEEL that creditors don't like to see this that's fine, but up until this point your posts have not come across that way which is why you've got a half dozen people debating with you and/or asking for data to support your statement(s).

You just would not stop... Would you? Can we move on??

The problem is that some people take advice from this forum (whether that is sensible or not is another opinion).   So it DOES help to identify whether something is really an opinion or has some status as a fact (along with evidence).   You have been very strongly stating, as fact,  something which many of us don't believe is true.   And the responses are the usual way of correcting misleading (or at least unproven) information.

Credit over-utilization is bad. Anything to argue about? Anything misleading? 

I'm confused with how you are using the word over-utilization.  There is a difference between utilizing your card and utilization. If you are saying that having a card report your utilization as being over the limit is bad for the credit score, I agree. If you are saying using your card a lot (i.e., over utilizing) throughout the billing cycle and repeatedly paying it off (i.e., charging $1,000 on a $500 limit ) is bad, I disagree.  I work at a credit card company...a BIG one. We have a lot of customers, high spenders included, who spend over their credit limits/lines repeatedly.  But they also pay off their account repeatedly throughout the bill cycle so it doesn't report a high balance.  It does not affect them negatively within the bank or on their FICO unless we report the balance as being over the limit. It's worse to use your card a lot and only make the minimum payment. Then we aren't giving you a CLI.  But if we see that you are making large payments, regardless of how many payments you make, you're more likely to qualify for a CLI. It's true what they say...we give credit when you don't need it. If it looks like your struggling to even make the minimum payment, we're not giving you anything.  Therefore, over-utilizing your card is not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Message 73 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm fairly certain that the user you are replying to above has left the thread.  I however agree with everything you said, and it's good to hear first hand from someone that works for a major CC company.

Message 74 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.