cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, I have a Juniper Barnes and Noble MC!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Suddenly, I have a Juniper Barnes and Noble MC!

Well, I'm still not sure how this happened, but I must have been hanging out on the Credit Cards board too much, because last night I made a completely unplanned, wild hair app for a Barnes and Noble card.

So I'm now a member of the nervous Juniper/ Barclays family. I must say that I'm impressed with them so far. Instant on-line approval, and it immediately led me through the online account registration, which was great. (I've had to wait to set this up on most of my other cards, because I needed the card #, etc.) The moment the registration process finished, there was my account, balance, limit, the whole she-bang. The site is really well-designed, very clean, very clear. The link from BarnesandNoble.com is a bit difficult to find, but other than that, it's great.

Our network is down at work (woo-hoo!), so I called customer service this morning about some other things. My CSR was very knowledgeable, and gave me a soothing explanation for my $500 CL (this is a MasterCard, after all.) She said that if an applicant already has oodles of unused credit, they won't get much of a CL on this one, because it's obviously unneccessary. So OK, I can handle that, and I will just regard this as a store card with a very nice rewards system, and not stress out about CLI's and stuff.

I'm still untangling the rewards, but it appears to be 5% cash back on B&N and B.Dalton store and online purchases, which is posted as a credit on the monthly statement, plus 1 point per dollar on other purchases, which add up to gift cards. Or something. 5% cash back on books and CD's (and whatever else they carry), credited monthly--I'm happy with that!

Hard inq on TU, FICO TU 721, no other inqs on TU. And yes, Syl, I'll go post this on WGMC! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suddenly, I have a Juniper Barnes and Noble MC!

Junny- Congrats

Junny also gives you a free Transrisk score - so You will have 1 more FAKO to track-
Message 2 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Junny also gives you a free Transrisk score - so You will have 1 more FAKO to track
Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 41
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:

Junny also gives you a free Transrisk score - so You will have 1 more FAKO to track-

Where and how?  I don't see it on my Casey's card
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the Benefits tab-

Should have:
Free Credit Score.
Free Credit Profile
Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congats Hauling! Another notch on the handle! Smiley Happy

See? There's something to be said about spontaneous app'ing. Kind of like spontaneous shopping. lol
Message 6 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Congats Hauling! Another notch on the handle! Smiley Happy

See? There's something to be said about spontaneous app'ing. Kind of like spontaneous shopping. lol

All of which quickly leads to spontaneous score drops, LOL!

Thanks! I'm loving the 5% thing. I don't know what got into me--I think it's spring being almost here. The cat's tearing around the house at 4 a.m., and I guess this is my equivalent. Six new TL's in a bit over three weeks, though, whew--I might need to find out if there's an outpatient day program at Sleigh!

By the way, I was a good girl, and I've already updated WGMC.
Message 7 of 41
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats Hauling. Now you can buy all kinds of books from B&N....
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Junny- Congrats

Talk about a FAKO! I checked my acct. last week, and it sitting at 521. After my mini-app'ing spree, I wonder if they will CLD me? Drop my cl to $100? LOL. They are on my short list anyway, so no biggie.
Message 9 of 41
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Click on the Benefits tab-

Should have:
Free Credit Score.
Free Credit Profile

Must be card specific.  I just get an offer to give TC $15 bucks a month!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.