cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, I have a Juniper Barnes and Noble MC!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Suddenly, I have a Juniper Barnes and Noble MC!

cheddar - cheezy - cheezy - cheddar... we need a member named mac! Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, guys. This is what happens when I try to post at work. Too busy glancing over my shoulder to pay close attention.

Anyway, just pulled TC, and Barclays posted on EX yesterday --within 24 hours of opening the account! Very impressive; that's even better than BofA. Meanwhile, not a peep from Chase (Borders VISA, already used four times and paid off twice) and Citi (Home Depot store.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 41
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Anyway, just pulled TC, and Barclays posted on EX yesterday --within 24 hours of opening the account! Very impressive; that's even better than BofA.

It was the same for me.  They are very quick indeed
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
LOLOL! I know what you mean!

And yes, that's a fantastic rate, but they did this deliberately to me, by giving me a $400 cl! Smiley Very Happy

We have the same card, Sylvia.  Love the rate, but not the CL! Smiley Mad

Thanks guys for clueing me in to the fact that this score is a FAKO.  I just assumed it was a TU PFICO.  That makes me feel better since according to Junny my score is about 98 points below my TU FICO!!
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
LOLOL! I know what you mean!

And yes, that's a fantastic rate, but they did this deliberately to me, by giving me a $400 cl! Smiley Very Happy

We have the same card, Sylvia. Love the rate, but not the CL! Smiley Mad
Thanks guys for clueing me in to the fact that this score is a FAKO. I just assumed it was a TU PFICO. That makes me feel better since according to Junny my score is about 98 points below my TU FICO!!

rebuilder, you just gave me an idea. Thanks! Comparing my WaMu PFICO score to Juniper's TrashRisk score.....I mean TransRisk. Smiley Very Happy
Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling, I'm glad I'm not the only one who "bit" for another card!Smiley Very Happy  CONGRATS - isn't it nice to get a new card in the mail?  I am checking my mailbox each day like a madwoman.Smiley Very Happy
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I forgot to say, re: your B&N card, I had a Borders from Chase and exchanged it for an Amazon.com one.  Reason was that they wouldn't let you accrue points online, only in store.  Now, I think I should have gotten a B&N.... So many choices, so little time!
Message 36 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh, I forgot to say, re: your B&N card, I had a Borders from Chase and exchanged it for an Amazon.com one. Reason was that they wouldn't let you accrue points online, only in store. Now, I think I should have gotten a B&N.... So many choices, so little time!

You must have shown them the foolishness of their ways. It works for online now, too, although you still don't get 3 points for Amazon:
* Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on purchases at Borders, Borders Express, Borders Outlet, Waldenbooks, and Brentano's store locations, Borders.com and Waldenbooks.com
* Earn 2 points for every $1 of purchases made at retail establishments that classify their merchant location for Visa/MasterCard as Gas, Grocery, and Dining (Gas categories include participating service stations with and without multi-services and automated fuel dispensers. Grocery categories include participating grocery stores, supermarkets, miscellaneous food, specialty food markets, and convenience stores. Dining categories include participating eating places, restaurants and drinking places.)
* Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
And meanwhile, for the Borders card:
The Barnes & Noble MasterCard provides several excellent benefits. These include:
Getting 5% back on all purchases at Barnes & Noble stores or online at www.bn.com. That's in addition to any other discount you may receive. Your automatic savings will be delivered as a credit on your statement.
Earning more free Barnes & Noble Gift Cards when you use your card for all other purchases. You'll earn one Reward Point for every dollar charged outside of Barnes & Noble. Every time you reach 2,500 points, you'll automatically receive a $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
Platinum MasterCard benefits such as online fraud protection and rental car insurance.
Now, if I could just work from home again, I would never have to leave the house. I could just turn into a giant blob, a blob with plastic!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Now, if I could just work from home again, I would never have to leave the house. I could just turn into a giant blob, a blob with plastic!

I'm with you HTSU - it's probably good for us to get out once in a while .....  however I love working in my PJ's and bunny slippers.
Message 38 of 41
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TMI
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 39 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, now, c'mon, MV, you have a DW and a DD, you must be used to females in jammies!

Anyway, it posted on EQ today, pretty zippy for EQ. I guess this means that TU has lapsed into a coma once again. Smiley Sad

(It always used to be EX on day 1, then TU on day 2, then EQ on day 4 or 5 for me...)
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.