cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for 2013???

tag

Suggestion for 2013???

Hi all,

So I reached 1 year and 4 month next week from my history, Clean history, just a few inqury from mortgage during June. I currently have $750 with Cap1 unsecured, and orchard bank $300. My husband just got approved for Chase Sapphare perferd last week with a $5k limit.  Whats my next step?? should he add me as a AU, or should I try my luck with a different company. Currently, my goal is Amex SPG, and a low interest rate mortgage. I heard that zync is gone, so what is the easiest card to be approved for AMEX?? Any suggestion would be great, thanks and happy new year.

BTW:

My Fico EQ from 12/13 is 731, and all account is paid on time, and never late on payment.

EQ Fico: 731 - Dec 13, 2012
WellsFargo ID Prot Pull 01/29/2013
EX 741 - EQ 711 - TU 708

Goal:
Chase Hyatt, CSP
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion for 2013???

@Catherine_Credit wrote:

Hi all,

So I reached 1 year and 4 month next week from my history, Clean history, just a few inqury from mortgage during June. I currently have $750 with Cap1 unsecured, and orchard bank $300. My husband just got approved for Chase Sapphare perferd last week with a $5k limit.  Whats my next step?? should he add me as a AU, or should I try my luck with a different company. Currently, my goal is Amex SPG, and a low interest rate mortgage. I heard that zync is gone, so what is the easiest card to be approved for AMEX?? Any suggestion would be great, thanks and happy new year.

BTW:

My Fico EX from 12/13 is 731, and all account is paid on time, and never late on payment.

You're score is looking great so far! Congrats to you! If your husband is responsible with credit, having him add you as an AU on the Sapphire will definitely help your chances with getting your own cards Smiley Happy

Easiest AMEX to get is the Delta Gold, however your score is looking pretty good! You can probably apply for the SPG, but I would wait until you're added as an AU on your husbands card for better success! All the best in your journey!

Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Catherine_Credit wrote:

Hi all,

BTW:

My Fico EX from 12/13 is 731, and all account is paid on time, and never late on payment.

EX doesn't sell their FICO so I wonder if that came from a lender or if it might be a FAKO. FAKOs are credit scores other than FICO. E.g. Vantage, plus, etc. each CRA has their own FAKO score, but out has no relation to what your true FICO may be. You can get your EQ FICO frome here or from EQ, but you need to be sure it says FICO and not just credit score. Your TU FICO can be purchased here or gotten free if you have a Walmart cc.

Adding you as a user on a brand new cc isn't really going to do a lot for your credit. It will lower your already low AAoA. If he has a cc that is older with positive history and low util, then that would help your credit.

Amex spg is one of the tougher Amex to get. You might want to start with a green since zync isn't avail anymore. Delta is co-branded so a little easier to get. But their charge cards are easier than revolvers. 

Id also look at credit unions - either local ones or some that are mentioned here, depending on your mship eligibility. CUs are generally more willing to help people rebuild their credit, though some are conservative,

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5

Yea, I mean to change it to EQ, not EX.  for Amex, is there a limit requirment?? Like chase have to have 5k credit limit before approved for anyother card I heard.

EQ Fico: 731 - Dec 13, 2012
WellsFargo ID Prot Pull 01/29/2013
EX 741 - EQ 711 - TU 708

Goal:
Chase Hyatt, CSP
Message 4 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm not aware of anything like that with Amex. They may base your CL on what you already have, though. Most CCs dont like to go much higher than your existing limits. That's why the best way to get high CLs is to CLI CCs you already have. Then new CCs will usually match those higher limits.

Eta: even if they approve you with $2k, you can CLI at 61 days for 3x the limit. Not guaranteed CLI, but most do get it. I went from $2k to $6k at 61 days.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.