cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for a Barclay's card? Which card is the best option?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Suggestion for a Barclay's card? Which card is the best option?

In your opion?

I am looking for rewards, high limit and low APR. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suggestion for a Barclay's card? Which card is the best option?

Whats a "high limit"??? 10K?? 20K?? 100K?? Some lenders have limits on some of their products so your definition of high limit wouold help. AMEX Gold or Platinum with membership rewards is one to consider but obviously you have to PIF every month (which you should be doing anyway. Chase gives fairly large limits out of the gate. If your fly Continental or United, their Presidential Plus is a great one. My initial limit was 22K.

Message 2 of 6
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

thanks!  but please note that i asked for barclay's cards only.. : )

Message 3 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Whats is credit profile utilization etc?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe Travelocity Amex give out the best reward in term of discount%. You could get 10% cashback for future travel purchase and 4% back on select category for the 39$ AF version. Your credit line for barclay card will be determine by other credit lines showing on your credit report. If you have some high limit cards already, you could recon to match those TLs. If you have only toys, expect to get another toy and it could be as low as $500. Their co-brand cards usually have high to very high apr. I think reward and apr are two things that will unlikely go together. You need to sacrifice one for another. I have FIA fidelity amex from BOA with 2% back on everything and apr is somewhat OK at 13.99%. You can't really expect great reward card with 6.99% apr.

Message 5 of 6
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

I realized that after I hit the "post" button. I am so sorry. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.