Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion with Chase

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Suggestion with Chase

Hello,

Here is my situation with chase. I have the CSP with a $35k limit, which I've had open for about two years now (First chase cc). I'm very interested in the Freedom Unlimited card but I've been denied once this year for a standard Freedom card simply due to the 5/24 policy that chase currently upholds. My question is as follows, would I be able to apply, get denied, and immediately call an analyst and ask to transfer some of my CSP limit to a new product? Instead of extending a new credit line with that product, I'd like to reallocate some of my existing CL. Your opinions are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestion with Chase

No, they may or may not be denying you based on the amount of CL they've already extended. But the 5/24 IF they deny you for it, which they have, can not be over-turned (from what we've read here). 

When are you under 5/24?

Message 2 of 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was wondering the same thing!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as most experiences posted here indicate, they probably won't let you open another card even by splitting your CSP limit - however, If I were in your shoes I would definitely call and talk to underwriting about the situation to get their take on it.

From a certain point of view, I can't see why they would care about opening "another trade line" while maintaining the same overall amount of credit extended to you - especially with it being a lower tiered product.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.