Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions Please: Optimum CLI, Cards, Mortgage

tag
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Suggestions on How to Get the Optimum CLI, Cards, Mortgage

@lg8302ch wrote:

Looking at your current lines I would have suggested smaller steps...asking for 10K from Cap1 with current lines of 700-800$ Smiley Surprised.??...sorry but that in my opinion is very unrealistic and might end up in a denial without counter. I would have tried to match your highest line as you can request a new CLI in 6 months again and it is SP only with Cap1. Keep in mind credit is a marathon not a race Smiley Happy....be patient and work your lines up slowly but steadily. 

As for going from $800 to $10,000, stranger things have happened.

But,  I agree, marathon, not a race.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 11 of 13
Jeff007245
Regular Contributor

Ok, well good news is the main baddie on my reports is getting deleted. The Collection Account that has haunted me for years is officially gone so I am expecting a nice increase on my score.

As for my payment habbits, I PIF before statement cut off date multiple times a month. I would spend like 2x - 3x what my CL is on my cards, but PIF two to three times a month.

My current income is 60k btw.

As for asking for 10k, reason I requested that amount is in anticipation for a counter considering my spending and paying history. I may have those lates, but those are nearing 2 years. Was hoping for 5k or 2k at the very least, but still no word from Cap1. Hopefully once they see that the CA is gone and my FICO scores reflecting 720+, I would receive an appropriate CL.

As soon as TU updates my reports, I'm going to call Discover Recon again and explain to them that the CA that wasn't suppose to be there in the first place is now officially gone. Perhaps they will be able to change the terms of contract by removing the cosigner and giving me a proper CL. I applied 1/17/14, so there may be a good chance that they can reconsider.

With Collection Account on reports my TU FICO off discovers website as of 1/28/14 is 689. I'm expecting a 30 - 50 point increase.

Only thing on my reports now are the 2x 30 days lates and 1x 60 days. I'm sending GW to these accounts as we speak, but i'm not as worried about these compard to how bad the CA was affecting me.

Garden
2/16/14
|*****1/2014 - NPSL*****| *4/2011 6,000 CL* |*11/2011 - 5,000 CL*| *9/2012 - 850 CL* | *1/2014 - 500 CL* |*2/2014 - 6,000 CL*|
Message 12 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

The lates and derogs are killing you. The late is going to raise red flags with any lender due to the fact that your limits are low so the minimum payment is maybe like 25$. They will be worried that if you couldn't make at least the minimum payment of 25$ then how would we trust you to handle higher limits on your cards. You have to aggressively try to GW those lates off but I heard capital one if a tough one to crack so just know it may take some time. Good luck with the GW and keep at it.

+1...good advice, and the best of luck to the OP.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.