Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for secured credit card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Suggestions for secured credit card

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

Been about a year since I last looked, but I could of sworn Captial one's secured used to not have a annual fee? Or am just remembering things wrong.

It can be deposit of $49, $99, or $200 for a $200 Credit Line and a $29 AF

Message 11 of 17
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

I was asking if it always had an annual fee, for some reason I thought it didnt.

Message 12 of 17
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

I was asking if it always had an annual fee, for some reason I thought it didnt.

It has had an annual fee for at least the last 3 years.  I just closed mine that I got in 2011.

Message 13 of 17
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

It has had an annual fee for at least the last 3 years.  I just closed mine that I got in 2011.

Yep, Cap One has always been the $29 since year 2000. Don't know before that.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 14 of 17
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

Actually, the annual fee was $24 until around Febrarury 2011, then it went up to $29 and they raised the APR. Fortunately, I got mine in January 2011, so I was able to secure the lower annual fee and interest rate.

Message 15 of 17
christine3377

@Creditaddict wrote:

why is capital one not an option?

BofA can be a hard secured card to get but is the best if you can!

Had judgment that is paid with them called to see if they would report correctly and Apparently they have an old orchard bank account that has a balance.....I applied for a mortage a couple of weeks ago and the bank gave me their report wich said that this account has been paid in full and closed.  It is also past the sol not reporting on credit reports, so I don't want to deal with them at the moment.

Message 16 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

I can vouch for BoA secured personally. I got mine in Feb 2010 with a 500$ limit (500$ deposit). Got unsecured in exactly 1 year (1 year - 5 days is the earliest they unsecured it).

Got the CLI to 7500 while unsexuring. Fast forward 3 years and the card grew exponentially. Currently at CL of 35k.

Things to know:
BoA always does a HP (even when u ask to unsecure)
Every CLI is HP
You will have to fight hard to get AF removed even after you unsecure (took me like 6-7 phone calls to backdoor number)
Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.