Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on 0% credit card

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Suggestions on 0% credit card

Hi Fico Family,

I am going to renovate my kitchen and bathroom and I said why not get a 0% credit card and take advantage of any promotions they have like 150 dollars if you spend a certain amount of money in the first 3 months.

Also 2-3% back on purchases and 0% for the first 12-18 months.

Can you guys give me some suggestions of what credit cards are out there. 

I have the money to pay it off and I have a credit score on all 3 bureaus of over 800, but I would like take advantage of any promos.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions on 0% credit card

If there is a Lowes near you. Lowes offers some great financing options through their CC.
Here's an easy one on cash back https://www.aarpcreditcard.com
No 0% financing but $200 for $500 spend is tough to beat. And since you have the money to pay it off. The financing doesn't matter.
Depending on how much the reno will cost. Have you considered using several CCs? Collecting cash back and spend bonuses across multiple CCs is an option.

Message 2 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1wrote:
If there is a Lowes near you. Lowes offers some great financing options through their CC.
Here's an easy one on cash back https://www.aarpcreditcard.com
No 0% financing but $200 for $500 spend is tough to beat. And since you have the money to pay it off. The financing doesn't matter.
Depending on how much the reno will cost. Have you considered using several CCs? Collecting cash back and spend bonuses across multiple CCs is an option.

Thanks Gmood for your reply.

I really only wanted to open 1 card and also take advantage of 2-3% back promo as well.

The 200 is good though.

i found capital one quicksilver cash rewards card. 150 cash bonus after 500 on purchase and 1.5% cash back.

Also 0% apr on purchases for 9 months.

Anyone know of better? Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Lowe's have awesome plans up to 84 months for projects. Also, for certain appliances you can get 5 percent back. Unused mine for a washer and dryer set and usedbif for the % back. I laidnit off in 30 days.

If you have the income and score, you may get well over 10K.
Message 4 of 7
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Home improvement is not a very common bonus category, so you're not going to do much better than that on a general purpose card.  Chase Freedom Unlimited, Barclay CashForward, Wells Fargo CashWise, and others also offer 1.5% cash back and $150 sign-up bonus (or more) but with longer 0% intro periods.  Citi used to have a 0% intro period on the DoubleCash (I'm still in mine) but they got rid of it.

Message 5 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The calculation really depends on the amount you are talking about, how much you are earning on the money now (if you finance rather than PIF) and the 0% period.     In a still fairly low rate interest environment, getting say $200 SUB might well be greater than the money saved on 0%.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.