Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on my next move!!

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Re: Suggestions on my next move!!

@ztnjpv wrote:

Yes, you could wait longer. We can ALWAYS wait longer. That being said, if you are using it a lot and paying in full every month, a manual review for a CLI with an analyst may get the nod even if the automated reponse says no. Again, 6 months is tight...you could always wait just a few more months but that isn't to say it won't work. 

Either way, I wouldn't do it today. Analysts are usually not available on the weekend so don't torture yourself with a pending or denial when you can't speak to anyone today who can help you. Keep the "Backdoor Numbers" link handy when you do call:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Still, you're doing great and moving in the right direction quickly. All these cards are great long term trade lines that  will help you build a strong average account age over time. 

So, it's your call n the end. You could try tomorrow and request a recon with a analyst if they say no or you get a pending. Stress your usage and that you would like more room to use it more. OTOH, you would surly be approved for another similar level card like Quicksilver. I think the Fidelity Amex would work as well. I have never known  it to be an expecially strict card compared to others that we are discussing here.

Well thank you so much for the valuable info and your insight on this... I think I'm gonna wait till July and let some of my last INQ fall off... I'll give it a try with both the Sallie Mae and Fidelity and hopefully I'll see some luv from Chase... if not I'll go for chase as well and talk to the analyst

THanks again for everything 

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 11 of 12
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: Suggestions on my next move!!

One last thing salek10:

Be prepared for the inquiries to not necessarily fall off as fast you would hope. The timeliness can vary depending on the bureau and the creditor. Sometimes it can take one month after the 2 year mark. 

Just don't think it will cleanly, beautifully and predictably fall off on the 2 year mark. '-)

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.