Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions!

Life has been chaotic! Jist: I was having a really bad month in August, I decided to apply for the Venture hoping for instant gratification, needless to say I had to provide documents to verify my identity. I was finally approved for 10,000 I’ve met the spend. My grandmother passed and I was left an heritance, I paid off my debt and put the rest in a money market account for the time being.

I have one more semester left before I graduate with my Bachelor’s unfortunately I’m just about tapped out on student loans, so I need to pay an apx. 2,500 for the fall semester I’d love to put it on a credit card that has a spend bonus. I’ve been leaning towards a 2nd Venture. What do you folks suggest. Sig is current!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestion

@Anonymous wrote:

Life has been chaotic! Jist: I was having a really bad month in August, I decided to apply for the Venture hoping for instant gratification, needless to say I had to provide documents to verify my identity. I was finally approved for 10,000 I’ve met the spend. My grandmother passed and I was left an heritance, I paid off my debt and put the rest in a money market account for the time being.

I have one more semester left before I graduate with my Bachelor’s unfortunately I’m just about tapped out on student loans, so I need to pay an apx. 2,500 for the fall semester I’d love to put it on a credit card that has a spend bonus. I’ve been leaning towards a 2nd Venture. What do you folks suggest. Sig is current!

Is there any airline that you frequently fly on or hotel chain that you stay at?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm thinking about pooling points to BA, I currently have 50,000+ not sure what to really do with them yet, there just sitting in my BA account. As far as hotels I have the Marriott, I wouldn't mind the Ritz if the 140+ offer came back, the Hamptons I also like. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my_credit_journey_2013 wrote:

i'm thinking about pooling points to BA, I currently have 50,000+ not sure what to really do with them yet, there just sitting in my BA account. As far as hotels I have the Marriott, I wouldn't mind the Ritz if the 140+ offer came back, the Hamptons I also like. 

The Chase British Airways card is an option.  As far as the Ritz 140K offer, it was late November/early December when the offer came out last year so if (big if) it's going to return then I would imagine if would be around the same period.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll add that while I have a Venture and the $400 bonus is nice, I think there are better rewards cards for travel then the Venture.  Too bad the 100K Amex Platinum offer isn't still around.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay! I haven't registered for classes yet, I'll wait until the end of November into the begining of December and see if that offer comes out, maybe I'll do a double whammy! I'd hate not to get a reward for paying my tution, lol. I was able to take my first trip, we went to VA beach which was just about free do to bonuses. I'd like to earn and gather for another trip, maybe overseas this time. Thanks for your input! 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll add that while I have a Venture and the $400 bonus is nice, I think there are better rewards cards for travel then the Venture.  Too bad the 100K Amex Platinum offer isn't still around.

When it was around I tried and tried for days and I just couldn't get the 100k offer! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When it was around I tried and tried for days and I just couldn't get the 100k offer! 

That sucks.  Hopefully the Ritz or some other great offer will come out.  Definitely take advantage of some offer.  Another one you might consider is the Citi Prestige or the Premier.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.