Did you mean: 

Summary of Popular Cash Back Cards

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Summary of Popular Cash Back Cards

@jforsyth wrote:

@fused wrote:

I just converted my Chase Plat Visa (a card that gives me NOTHING and has an AF of $20) to a Chase Freedom Visa. Chase is charging an AF for this Freedom card and they refuse to waive it.

Man, Chase is really dropping the ball.

That's pretty low for them to squeeze $20 out of a single consumer on a card that normally has no AF. 

True, but its my wife's oldest TL (1993 Joint account) and it has a big CL. It wouldn't be wise for me to throw a fit and kick Chase to the curb. I figure if we buy all of our gas for two vehicles, plus gas for family and friends we should be raking in the bucks. Of, course, our friends and family will hand us over their money at the point of sale.Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

This may sound silly, but the way PenFed pays out rewards is actually a drawback for me.  I know technically from an economical standpoint its advantageous, but I don't like getting <$10 each month.  I like waiting a few months and getting that $50 bonus check! Smiley Happy  Is that silly?  Plus, I usually put the cashback checks either into savings or towards a loan, whereas if it's automatic, its just back to the checking account and I never think of it.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I'm happy with my CapitalOne No Hassle Cash platinum Visa:

- no annual fee

- 1% cash back on most things and 2% cash back on gas and grocery store purchases

I do like that you can redeem your cash at any time (you don't have to wait for certain $50 increments, anniversary dates, etc)

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.