Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun Country Airlines Credit Card !?!?

tag
nmac
Regular Contributor

Sun Country Airlines Credit Card !?!?

So I’m sipping my early evening coffee and reading a fairly boring article in the local newspaper about Sun Country Airlines and I come across this interesting tidbit:

“In June, Sun Country also will launch a branded Visa card that will allow Ufly members to earn points on non-airline purchases in the same way the holders of Delta’s SkyMiles American Express card do.”

Full article here: http://strib.mn/1n2R1v1

Has anybody heard anything about this card? As a person who frequently uses the Minneapolis airport a Sun Country credit card done right could be amazing. I hope it’s not backed by Barclaycard or US Bank. I need details, super looking forward to this!

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Sun Country Airlines Credit Card !?!?

I haven't heard of it but as big as US Bank is in Minnesota my guess is that would be the bank.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
nmac
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I haven't heard of it but as big as US Bank is in Minnesota my guess is that would be the bank.

You're probably right Smiley Sad

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 3 of 7
sharoo

It's Firstbank. Offers 40,000 free miles, AF waived first year.  Other than that, a pretty undistinguished card. 

Are you a member of the Sun Country loyalty program (Ufly)?  If so, login to the Ufly site. There's a link near the bottom of the page labeled "Sun Country Visa." I also got several email invitations. So I figured why not? Applied for cards for myself and my husband. Didn't say Approved or Pending, just a cryptic message directing me to a status website. Went there and found that both cards had apparently been declined!  This was quite a surprise, as we both have excellent credit ratings and have never been turned down for a credit card before. I am curious to see the explanatory letter that is supposed to arrive in 7-10 days. 

If you do manage to get this card, please post again. I have googled for more info about the card and turned up absolutely nothing. There is no mention of such a card on the First Bank website. Maybe it wasn't really ready to roll out yet, and the the application process isn't fully baked? Anyway, I hope you have better luck than I did.  I didn't care about the card until they told me I couldn't have it!   Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Looks like it's going to be FNBO "First National Bank of Omaha"

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Looks like it's going to be FNBO "First National Bank of Omaha"

https://www.firstbankcard.com/suncountry/visa/ufly5.html

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to my fico so bear with me. Applied for card on 8/5/14 and received the standard message pertaining to receiving a decision within 7-10 days. I checked my application status 7 days later and results were still pending. I finally received a letter informing me to call them to verify information from my application on 8/19/2014. I called to verify info on 08/26/14 spike with a rep and was asked a series of questions; income length of time in current home and same questions about the authorized user I had specified. The rep than told me they would review the application and let me know within 7-10 days. I received an email stating that I was enrolled in suncountry's reward program. Directly following that email, I received another stating I was approved on 08/27/14 with cl of 8000

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.