Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunday App Spree - Yay!

tag
G19OD
Contributor

Sunday App Spree - Yay!

A little background information:

Previously, I have only had one CC. I opened it in 08/08 as a BoA Student Visa with a $700 CL. I graduated 6 months ago and got my first "real job" - I am 23, which also signifies that it is prime time for me to build my credit. Additionally, I needed a new (used) car so I choose a loan through BECU for $9,xxx at 3.39 APR. A week ago, I called BoA and was approved for a $1,900 CL and PC'ed to the BoA 1-2-3 Cash Rewards CC.

SO.. I have been waiting impatiently for the new BoA CL to hit my CR's, which it did yesterday. Thus, it was time to begin.

This morning:

1) Apped AMEX ZYNC - Approved with NSPL

2) Immediately apped AMEX BCE to avoid another HP - Declined (still awaiting status check, was semi-expecting this decline)

3) Apped Citi Forward - Approved with $5,000 CL Smiley Very Happy of course APR is 22.9 - but not carrying balances anyway

4) Apped BECU CC asking for $5,000 - Approved 30 minutes later - $1,000 CL. Have to e-sign application and accept counter-offer.

Other helpful information:

At the time of CLI, BoA pulled Transunion and I had a 746. Items adversely affecting my credit score were: length of time accounts had been established, proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high, no recent bank/national revolving balances, too few accounts currently paid as agreed (this must mean I have too few accounts because I have no baddies, ever), and too many inquiries last 12 months.

Citi Forward pulled Experian and I had a 728. Items adversely affecting my score were: Length of time accounts have been established on your credit report, your credit report shows proportion of loan balance to loan amounts is too high, your credit report shows too few accounts rated current, and your credit report shows too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Smiley LOL What a wonderful Sunday. If only there were NFL games on today.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Sunday App Spree - Yay!

Citi might be good for Recon.

Don't get carried away. Remember, inquiries hang out 2 years. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
G19OD
Contributor

The way I see it - I am pretty much set so lay back and garden, build credit & AAoA. Perhaps in 6 months I will get an AMEX CC, if I do not Recon. What's the deal with AMEX Recon's anyway?

Message 3 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Wouldn't bother with Amex recon as it usually requires another pull.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Citi might be good for Recon.

Don't get carried away. Remember, inquiries hang out 2 years. Smiley Happy

Why recon for citi? He got approved.
Message 5 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Congrats btw. Wait till jan for Amex. You get max backdating that way.
Message 6 of 12
G19OD
Contributor

Approved for BECU @ $1,000.

Message 7 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

G19, you might want to call for recon on that cl from becu. My guess is they used pull for auto loan which didn't show bofa cli. But might not be worth new hp. Use card a little every month and wait a bit to take hp as likely to get to 5kish vs the 2kish you re likely to get today with only bofa showing. However if you can convince them to raise without new pull, definitely take it. Worth a call to see.
Message 8 of 12
G19OD
Contributor

When I called BECU last week, they said they could not attach the VISA application to the car loan due to it being from a CUDL dealership and it was over a month old. Thus, it must have been a hard pull.

It certainly wouldn't hurt giving them a call tomorrow morning, I agree.

I am going to take much pride in using the ZYNC. I will wait on AMEX CC, I instead might want the True Earnings. I will still wait to see what the denial information is about.

Message 9 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals.  The othes ones will come in due time.  Stay the courseSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.