Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunoco/Citi won't take my payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunoco/Citi won't take my payment?

Month one with multiple cards and I'm still trying to figure out what to use, when to pay, and how much.  Before I started really reading the boards I used all my new cards for a few little things figuring I'd PIF when the time came.  As the weeks have gone on, and I've been reading the boards, I realized some should report as $0, and some should report a balance.  Two have already reported and sent me a statement.  Last night I went to pay off Target and my Sunoco gas card (a Citi card) as they haven't reported yet.  No problem with Target, but Sunoco wouldn't take a payment because I don't owe a payment yet.  What?  I can see the $74 balance, but because they haven't cut a statement yet I can't pay it off?  Ugh.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sunoco/Citi won't take my payment?

Is the card new? If so, you might not be able to pay until after the 1st statement cuts. 

You could, however, send them a payment through your banks bill payment service. Takes longer, but should do the trick.

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can sign up for the billpay with your bank and you can push the payment any time you want to make the payment.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh.  Good idea - thanks!  My bill-pay requires me to have a billing zip which I won't have until I receive the first statement, so it should work in future months, just not this month.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh.  Good idea - thanks!  My bill-pay requires me to have a billing zip which I won't have until I receive the first statement, so it should work in future months, just not this month.  Thanks again!

Call them and ask them. Also there might be a pre-recorded message on their phone site when you call the phone number back of the card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.