Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Fast Amex Card Delivery

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Super Fast Amex Card Delivery

I apped for amex on Thursday and received card today. I was told ny amex green would not have an emv chip but i could request one. 

The card game with an emv chip! but, it says member since 14. When I logged it says card member since 2003. which is accurate but I closed account a while ago.

I called the rep and he said "weird, I have it showing up as 2003. Unfortunately, there is a 10 day security freeze on new accounts.

He said to call back on Saturday and we will have the card shipped out to you.

I dont want to stir up the pot with amex, I went on an app spree recently and opened a freedom and salliemae also... should I let it go or stop feeling like a criminal for no reason and call back on Saturday lol? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Super Fast Amex Card Delivery

I don't think it matters about msd on your card the only place it really matters is on the credit report. You can call up and ask for new card sent to you in an week or so though. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats!

They shipped my card quickly as well. Apped on a saturday I think, and it got in on monday. 

Message 4 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

I apped for amex on Thursday and received card today. I was told ny amex green would not have an emv chip but i could request one. 

The card game with an emv chip! but, it says member since 14. When I logged it says card member since 2003. which is accurate but I closed account a while ago.

I called the rep and he said "weird, I have it showing up as 2003. Unfortunately, there is a 10 day security freeze on new accounts.

He said to call back on Saturday and we will have the card shipped out to you.

I dont want to stir up the pot with amex, I went on an app spree recently and opened a freedom and salliemae also... should I let it go or stop feeling like a criminal for no reason and call back on Saturday lol? 

Promise you that all that matters is what it says online-- that is what will report to the credit bureau. Once the necessary time has passes whenever you replace the card online it will reflect that date. (You can even choose free overnight delivery.)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.