Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Prime

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Super Prime

super prime elite cards are really about how much money you spend and not your fico score. its far more important your spending quantity then your borrowing quality once you reach a fico score above 740. pushing large amounts of cash through cards with a fico score just above 740 in addition to having enough average age of accounts, (especially open) is going to grant you any card you could get your hands on.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 11 of 17
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

I just got the continental presidential plus it's a hard card to get it's the world elite MasterCard hefty 395 annual fee but I did get it waived for the 1st year it's got great benefits
Message 12 of 17
learnin113
Established Contributor

Superprime=invite only
Message 13 of 17
Gollum
Established Contributor

@aamex wrote:

Just wanted to get an idea of some cards that are "super" prime that are attainable... I.E. Orchard is subprime.. Amex BCP, GOLD PR, etc is prime... what are some of the top tier prime.. not cards that are by invite only and come with sky high AFs.. just wanted to get an idea of something to put my eye on for 2012..

Simmons First National Bank credit cards are offered to those who have excellent credit.  Simmons offers two Visa Platinum credit cards:

1.) a Visa Platinum credit card with an APR of Prime Rate (currently 3.25%) plus four percent with no rewards.

2.) a Visa Platinum Rewards credit card with an APR of Prime Rate plus six percent with a one percent reward.

Excellent credit is required for both of those credit cards.

My definition of a "super prime" credit card is the lowest-possible interest rate in case I ever need to carry a balance.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 14 of 17
anderl
Frequent Contributor

+1000

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@learnin113 wrote:
Superprime=invite only

This.

Message 16 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Definition could be:

- Lowest APR (10 and below)

- Very high FICO's (750 and above)

- Excellent reward system (either cashback or points that rivals anything out there)

- High AF (due to rewards offered)

- Probably high income (100k+)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.