Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super frustrated with Amex now

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Re: Super frustrated with Amex now

I have never had any type of FR from any other CC and if they all did it then I would never have a CC.  I guess all they do is close your accounts.  I wouldn't give them that chance though as I would take my business elsewhere.  I only really have CC's to play their FICO game if I ever decide to get a mortgage.  I think I will see if I can get my 3X CLI at day 61 and then maybe one more just for laughs.  If I ever need credit I will always use my CU for all charges.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 31 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

All the OPs are spot on.

How did you not know to not use personal cards for BUSINESS SPEND???

you run a business, and you don't know this??? Not only is it frowned upon, but some issuers and governing agencies treat this as illegal and fraudulent.

NEVER NEVER NEVER use personal cards for business or business for personal. That's like buying a diamond ring and saying it's a business expense.

Now on the flipside, I would be LIVID if they treated me how the rep has treated you. If they were EVER rude to me like that, I am the person that demands to speak to the supervisor and writes letters to the CEO (call me old fashioned ifyou  will LOL)

I can't help but think the fact that they were trying to ge tyou to open business cards was a GAME,a ploy to CATCH YOU. LOL...and you bit. If you feel that your income does not match or that they will AA you, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and beat them to the punch- close the accounts yourself. Having three Amex accounts closed by credit grantor would certainly draw attention from other creditors.

Your FICO is near 800 right? Trust me, if you close the accounts, you have options. :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand the initial purpose of getting two new cards instead of just one, especially if they have no pre-set spending limit? Going from little or no business cards to two behemoths seems like a red flag?

Message 33 of 34
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@TiggerDat wrote:

I have more than one question?

Do you really want to go to this?  I mean I think would give them what they want and more to show monthly spending and revenue.  I would also include the statements from the other account to show payment and usage habits.

Have you considered another bank?  Seriously, maybe you go sit down with a local banker and show them the same things mentioned above and get a card with less hassles.

I think I would go through all the effort and more so that I could get an account with another lender so that even if it happens again you are covered.  I would also make sure that the other banks offers good rewards or better.  I think that if Amex straightens it all out, that I would switch to the other card and use it.  I would do it for a few months and then send the statements to Amexs EO and include a nice letter explaining what you did and why.  I would also include an explanation of what they rep said to you and how it made you feel frustrated and the revenue expenses documents again.  Yes, you might have spooked them in the quick charging up of the credit limit.  I think they might have been a bit hasty on it though, since they did ask how much you would run through the account each month.  It might not have spooked them so much if you had told them more as it would not have gotten near the limit so quickly.

No matter what, I would pay off the card right away to show consistency of usage and payments.

There's no giving them more...trust me I ask several questions about it and they said "it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, we will not look at it, you are welcome to send it, but we won't look at it"....giving us no opportunity to explain any questions they might have, the situation and so on. They are only interested in the return itself and what it says on there (even though last years return has ABSOLUTELY NO relevance to what we are doing now. It doesn't even come close at this point.

I have not sat down with a banker (and I bank with the credit union). I wish there was some type of loan or something out there that they could approve you for that's open to a certain amount and you can just use it every month and pay it back to the bank and then it goes back up and you pay it back up. I don't know what's out there and what they would be willing to approve me for, but it may be something I have to look into in the future.

Do the other business cards out there do this review like AMEX?  For instance if I was to get one from like Chase Ink or any other place. Is this going to happen with them as well? Or do they at least give you the opportunity to SHOW that you will pay the $$ off in full each month?

I agree, I should have probably told them a higher amount to be ran through the card per month, but honestly, I was 1) afraid that if the amount was too high they would deny me and 2) I honestly didn't realize that we were going to have such a boost in sales this month compared to last month and would go over the amount.

I don't want to pay ANY of the cards right now until the statement cuts. The reason why I went with this card was for the 3.5% cash back if you PIF when the statement cuts. I have read up on it and know that any payments you make along the way before the statement cuts, you won't get that 3.5% back. It's ONLY the amount to PIF at statement cut, which I have no clue when that is and can't seem to figure it out by looking at my account online. Smiley Frustrated

Like a line of credit? 

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/072913/basics-lines-credit.asp

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.