cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supermarkets that offer cash back wen u purchase is it free?

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Supermarkets that offer cash back wen u purchase is it free?

Supermarkets that offer cash back option wen u purchase something like shoprite and other wen I use the credit card and take cash back of $50 is it considered a cash advance? And is there a extra fee for it ?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Supermarkets that offer cash back wen u purchase is it free?

Considered a purchase, at least with Discover

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 2 of 14
kugel
Valued Contributor

Cool discover works in pharmacy also as a purchase?
Message 3 of 14
trant3
Established Contributor

if the POS, in the grocery store, offered cash back during the transactions then yes its a purchase

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 14
kugel
Valued Contributor

i know rite aid pharmacy does $100 cash back so if I do it on 2% cash rewards card 10 times a month and pay right back the card isn't it worth it ?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
i know rite aid pharmacy does $100 cash back so if I do it on 2% cash rewards card 10 times a month and pay right back the card isn't it worth it ?

you're asking about something that is forbidden to discuss on myfico.

Message 6 of 14
trant3
Established Contributor

FYI the cash back amount you take out will NOT earn cashback rewards

Message 7 of 14
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@kugel wrote:

Most cards that I know of differentiate between cashback at terminal and actual goods sales. While cashback may not attract cash advance fees and interest, it is also not likely to get any rewards. 

You can indirectly treat the waiver of cash advance fees and interests as the rewards Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover does list the amount of purchase and the amount of cash over on your statement and in your online account for each transaction. Below is a list of participating stores from their site.

I get cash over instead of going to the bank. I refuse to use a debit card which means I have to write a check every time I want to get cash out of the bank so it is easier for me to just get it when I am using my Disco at checkout.

I have no clue how cash over at checkout is treated by other credit card companies.

Is your card a Discover card or from another bank?

EDIT- I just realized every store name in the list was hyperlinked to the store's site and I think that violates terms, therefore, I removed the list.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Cool discover works in pharmacy also as a purchase?

I do not think RiteAid is a participating store for Discover unless they've added new stores to the list.

I know Wal-Mart and Dollar General are national chains that offer this feature

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.