Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprise Call from Discover

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Suprise Call from Discover

@SoulMaster wrote:

@Garrrh! Now I'm bummed!  I too got a call from one of the Disco 800#s ealier today, but couldn't answer it because I was on the other line @ work.  They didn't leave a voicemail. I googled the # and found out it was Disco, So I called 1800DISCOVER to see what was up.  They didn't know.

I also was decliend about a month ago for a CLI, so I'd guess that's what this call was about.  Miffed I missed it, and hope they call back.

Now, back to work.

-SM

Just call the 800 number on your caller ID, you'll skip the front line CSR's and get to the credit department . . . at least that's the experience I've had in the past.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 11 of 13
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Just call the 800 number on your caller ID, you'll skip the front line CSR's and get to the credit department . . . at least that's the experience I've had in the past.

I did that... they had no clue why I was calling...

BUT...  They called me back today!

When I originally called for the CLI, I had reqested $300 which was declined.  No big deal, I was calling for the bump to fit a plane ticket on, which I wound up charging to my Signature. (My CL was $1000, the plane ticket was 800, but I already had $300 on the card).

Any how, they called last week but didn't leave a message, I called back but they had no clue why I was called.

They called again today, I answered a few questions and Ba ba da da!  $1500 increase to $2500 total CLI!

I've had the card for 6 months, still have my BK and a nasty Tax Lien.  What's funny is that the first question they asked was, "do you still need an increase?"

"No", I said.  "I wanted it to charge a plane ticket to my Discover, but wound up putting it on my Visa Signature.  But if you'd like to review it without a hard pull, then maybe I can use your card next time".  HA!

My wallet now:

NFCU Flagship Signature Visa:$5000/$49af

Discover More:$2500/$0af

Barclays Apple Visa:$1300/$0af

Cap1 NH Cash Rewards$1250/39af

+ $5000 NAVCheck LoC. = $15,050 Total Availible Credit

19mo Post BK.  My eq FICO should crest 680 as soon as my cards reflect the correct balances of $0 (within the next 3 days).   Woot!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 12 of 13
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Wow.  That's great!

I wish they'd call me and ask if I still want the card Smiley Frustrated

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.