Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprise Call from Discover

tag
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

Suprise Call from Discover

I just got a call from a a strange 800 number so I quickly went to Google and discovered it was from Discover. The person, I assume a credit analyst, on the other end said they saw their system had declined me for a cli last month and they wanted to ask some questions to see if I could be granted  the increase I requested. He asked about some paid charge offs on my report and about a collection from Bally's. I answered honestly. He then asked how much of an increase I wanted and I experienced an unusal occurence of not knowing what to say. He said $2500 and I said sure. My previous limit was $1300 where its been since 2004!

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Suprise Call from Discover

Congratulations on your increased CL!  I've read several threads that referenced Discover reps calling back to see how they could help, which I think is great.

I've only had one "live person" interaction with them (when I activated my card), and the rep was very nice/friendly. 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@TNTransplant wrote:

Congratulations on your increased CL!  I've read several threads that referenced Discover reps calling back to see how they could help, which I think is great.

I've only had one "live person" interaction with them (when I activated my card), and the rep was very nice/friendly. 

I hope they call me cause I was denied for a CLI. Their system could not pull my report because it was frozen. I called just to see if I could get a small increase using a SP

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Discover for me personally has been more on the low end of CLs..

But I think they have some of the best customer service out there hands down and I LOVE that they are US based.. (proud military wife too)

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Nice increase, grats

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 13
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Discover is my favorite, hands down. The reps are knowledgeable and friendly, they are quick to assist with fraudulent charges and they are reasonable with their lending. LOVE them.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 6 of 13
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Garrrh! Now I'm bummed!  I too got a call from one of the Disco 800#s ealier today, but couldn't answer it because I was on the other line @ work.  They didn't leave a voicemail. I googled the # and found out it was Disco, So I called 1800DISCOVER to see what was up.  They didn't know.

I also was decliend about a month ago for a CLI, so I'd guess that's what this call was about.  Miffed I missed it, and hope they call back.

Now, back to work.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is AWESOME!!!! I just got a Discover CC and I have only heard great things. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Message 8 of 13
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

Thank you all! I love Discover as well. They worked with me when I had a financial crisis and didn't CLD me or close my accout like all my other creditors did. I've had the account since 2001 and, besides my student loans, its my oldest account. 

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OMG.....

I thought I might have sicked the tourettes guy on Discover on accident yesterday, I hate these telemarketers calling my house!!! (It wasn't them!)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.